“Still using MSG in many dishes.”
Review of New China Kitchen

New China Kitchen
Ranked #891 of 1,574 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 January 2016

The restaurant is in an old building and smells like used oil, but it was recommended to us so we decided to give it a try. We ordered lunch which comes with an entree, rice and an egg roll for $6-$8. Soup is $1 more.

My husband took two bites of his Kung Pao Chicken and refused to eat any more. Unfortunately we had it to-go so we couldn't do anything about it at the restaurant. I got my Happy Family in a white sauce instead of the traditional brown sauce and apart from the sauce being bland I thought the components were well prepared and fresh. We both agreed that the egg rolls were very good but beware; they are full of MSG - so is the fried rice. This was our first and last visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

We eat here about once a week and food is consistently good. We usually do a takeout but the dining area is very nice too. I'm sure some would argue that there are better Chinese restaurants but we like the food here and have for years.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

This restaurant is one of the best Chinese restaurants around and not expensive. We have told friends and taken out of town friends to this place. All enjoy everything on the menu. Our local friends have become regulars there also.

We use this restaurant for birthdays, holidays etc. They accommodate us and always make us feel welcome. Great place. Love their Sesame Chicken, nice and crispy.

Reviewed 10 March 2015

They delivered in one hour and 45 minutes. The orange chicken was overdone and hard to eat. Flavor was ok. I won't order from them again.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

I order from them 3-5 times a month the last 4 orders have been missing sweet and sour sauce or have been the completely wrong order today I had enough so I called them and asked them to figure it out they did not want to do anything for me so I requested they come pick up their food and refund my money they refuse they offered to credit part of my meal I had to drive down there and return my order to them and wait 30 minutes for them to credit my meal would not recommend this restaurant you think they would take care of their loyal customers