“Saturday dinner”

Marigold Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #8 of 1,615 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Fine French Restaurant Inspired By Classic European Bistros Combined With A World Class Bakery in Colorado Springs!
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and they were right on. Ample free parking. Greeted and seated promptly. Requested a different table and got one no problem. Waitress was excellent. 2012 Macrostie Sonoma Coast Chardonnay was superb and paired well with the crab cakes and the rotisserie chicken. Chicken well seasoned and moist. The beef bourguignon was very good and served with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. Paired quite well with the H3 blend from Washington. Save room for the 2 page dessert menu. Great desserts. Carmel pecan tart was wonderful. Good value given the quality of food and service. Very good wine list. Take someone you care about.

1  Thank stardok
Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This was our second visit--this one for lunch, the first for dinner. On both occasions the place was full, which means it's clearly popular. It was also rather noisy and a bit unkempt--both times there was debris on the floor and under the table. Service was friendly and pretty efficient. Portions are huge. The 1/2 muffaletta sandwich I ordered was fairly authentic and the French Onion Soup very good. My companions' salads were pronounced excellent, as were the desserts. It's not the most relaxing place, but certainly filling.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Marigold Cafe lives up to all the positive reviews. Hungry for lunch we followed trip advisor's positive reviews to this lovely little gem in Colorado Springs. The service was fantastic, the food delicious and filling. We wanted to taste the delicious pastries that greeted us at the front door, so we ordered a key lime tart, and German chocolate mouse cake to go, and they did not disappoint. Our lunch order crab cake salad, and fish and chips. Both dishes looked as good as they tasted. We would visit again. The only negative I can say is the noise level in the restaurant is really loud. My husbands suffers from hearing loss, which made conversation difficult. Thank goodness for free wifi!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This was our best meal in the Colorado Springs area. A few service errors but a very consistent kitchen with inventive dishes. The wine list was good and offered decent prices. The double chocolate mousse cake was a great finish to the meal. Book a reservation in advance.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We came in about 45 minutes prior to closing. We had been traveling all day, and we had our two kids with us. I was a little nervous, because the kids were not cooperating at first, and this is a really nice atmosphere. But, the bread basket came and the kids started to settle and relax a bit. Wow, it was so hard to decide, there was so many things on the menu I wanted to try! In the end, I decided to go with one of the fish specials which was an herb crusted fish with a sauce that had olives, and cherry tomatoes. It was served with mixed vegetables. I also had the soup of the day which was roasted red pepper gouda. To my surprise, it was not just a cup but an entire bowl. That was a bonus because my daughter took a lot of it from me! The other three in my party (two kids included) all had pizzas. My husband had the Amish pizza which had bacon and blue cheese. It was delicious. I was so tempted to have the lamb. I'm actually still thinking about it now, almost a week later! Because it was their closing time, we did order dessert, but we asked if we could have it to go, because I know that servers want to go home to their families too. We took it back to the hotel room and dove in to it. It was one lime tart, and one raspberry cheesecake. I'm partial to the lime tart because I loved the delicacy of the almond pastry, with the sweetness of the meringue and tartness of the lime. But my daughter was in love with the raspberry cheesecake. Every dessert there looked like it would be a good choice. I would go back to this restaurant in a minute!! If I lived in the area, i would like to get it a date night so I could linger over my food and savor it a little more though. But, since we were traveling, i'm glad we had the opportunity to try it either way.