“Excellent dinner!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 115-Nevada Ave.
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent dinner at Walter's Bistro. The restaurant is elegant without brig stuffy, so I could see coming here for a special meal or a celebration. The food was delicious. I had a trio ahi in appetizer that was fabulous as well as the scallops entrée. My husband loved his lobster bisque and his prime rib. My chocolate tart was terrific! Very attentive professional and friendly service. A great option in the area.

1  Thank Pomerols

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I was attending a conference at a nearby hotel and saw this little place on my way. Decided to give it a go. It can be kind of awkward dining alone in some places-however, this little gem really made me feel relaxed and WELCOME.I was greeted with a smile (no reservation) and seated in the bar at my request. The host (perhaps owner?) checked on my frequently to be sure I had everything I needed.
I started with a wonderful glass of wine and wedge salad (I know nothing "fancy" but I don't get them often). My entree, I chose the halibut. It was so so good! A tiny bit of heat from the sweet chili sauce but cooked absolutely perfectly! I could eat that at least once a week and not get tired of it! I took dessert back to my hotel as I was so full I couldn't eat another bite. I had the vanilla bean panna cotta-it was very good as well. The raspberry sauce was tangy and the panna cotta was sweet--perfect match!!!
I would (and hopefully will) be able to dine here again in the future!!

2  Thank countrydoc425
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Walter's Bistro--how we love this charming restaurant, let us count the many delicious ways. My husband and I are grateful to have this wonderful gem in our backyard. We've celebrated milestone birthdays at Walter's Bistro, as well as other special occasions. For everyday dining, we love the bar area, where we've never been disappointed. What keeps us coming back? In addition to the wonderful food (the salmon and asparagus salad are among our favorites), Walter's harks back to an era where life is enjoyed (not rushed) and the owner takes the time to get to know his customers. We thoroughly enjoy our conversations with Walter, who is an absolute joy! Equally charming is a somewhat recent addition to Walter's Bistro, Jacqueline (sp?), who goes out of her way to make guests feel extra special. Exceptional food, lovely ambiance, and charming, attentive staff. Walter's is dining nirvana!

2  Thank DeeTravellers
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Don't be fooled by its understated exterior. Walter's Bistro is a fine dining experience that will not disappoint. My husband and I started with cocktails, followed by oysters on the half shell. These were the real deal... fresh like the ocean. We followed these with lobster bisque for me and the beet salad for him. Main courses were bison tenderloin and rack of lamb. Each course was excellent.

Of course a restaurant is not only about the food. The interior was appropriately quiet, with comfortable furniture, still befitting a fine dining experience. The host and wait staff were knowledgeable. They gave us appropriate privacy, yet were available for our requests. Overall we were quite impressed with our first dining experience at Walter's Bistro.

2  Thank GranolaGirl7
Reviewed 27 February 2016

At one time our favorite bistro in Colorado Springs, not so any more. When you consider quality of food, price, service,etc, it doesn't match up with prior visits.