“Fun atmosphere and great menu”

The Rabbit Hole Dinner & Drinks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rabbit Hole Dinner & Drinks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,592 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great place open for dinner only
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This is a really fun place with a unique atmosphere and good food. Go at night to get full affect. The service was good and everyone in our group had a great time. I want to go back!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Everything about The Rabbit Hole is amazing and unusual from the second you walk in the door. The decor is great and the food is even better. Wonderful wine list. Plus while we were there, my husband was inspired to read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Can't say enough good things about this place! This was the perfect place to spend a night out with old friends. First of all, the vibe is just plain cool - an underground "rabbit hole" under an old subway? Are you kidding? So original and unique. The second you walk down you know you're in for more than just a meal, it's an entire experience.

The service was fantastic, the food and drinks were wonderful. Probably the best scallop dish I have ever had, cooked to perfection down to the second. Stop reading reviews, get up and go to The Rabbit Hole right now! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Not sure where to start. We walked in not knowing we needed a reservation. There were some seats open at the bar and one small round top close to the bar. The hostess (Emily) said that the next available open slot was in 45 minutes. Emily sensed that I was not thrilled about the bar or the small round top and asked me to be patient for one moment.

She returned and said that she could have me a table in about 20 minutes. During that 20 minutes we had a few drinks at the bar. I didn’t catch the bartender’s name but I can certainly recommend the White Rabbit and the Key Lime Martini.

As we were finishing our drinks, Emily came to the bar to take us to our table. Once seated, our server (Kaley) came to the table to take our order. She was extremely polite, attentive, and was able to answer all the questions we had about menu items.

I ordered the Buffalo Ribs and my Wife ordered the Beef Tenderloin Burger. My
Ribs were amazing but that was the best dang burger I’ve ever had anywhere my whole life. The sweet potato fries were perfect as well. During dinner we had a second round of drinks. Mine was a Bronco Bill and my wife had the Cherry Limeade Martini. Both were spectacular.

After the meal I thanked Emily and Kaley and told them how much we appreciated them making us feel special on our 20th Anniversary. I hadn’t told them it was a special occasion at the beginning of the evening because I wanted to have a normal experience.

I will never come back to Colorado Springs without visiting this restaurant. It’s the best food we have had the entire week we’ve been here. I hope that Emily and Kaley are still there.

4  Thank BBBlevins
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We chose this subterranean restaurant for our first night's dinner in Colorado Springs. According to its website, the Alice in Wonderland themed premises may have once been used as morgue back in the early 1800's and more recently as storage space for a street level business. In any case, entry is via a steep staircase and the dining room was not well lit. On Sunday evenings, and this was a Sunday, bottles of Penfolds wine are priced at $6 with purchase of 2 entries. The restaurant was apparently out of said Penfolds so a bottle of Rawsons Retreat Merlot was substituted that turned out to be pretty good given the price.

We started off by sharing an arugula salad with sliced green apple, hazelnuts, and local goat cheese tossed with an "autumn spiced vinaigrette". My wife chose herb encrusted salmon as an entree that came with basil lemon risotto, grilled asparagus and fennel apple slaw. After consulting with our server, I chose the bacon wrapped, chorizo stuffed prawns that was served along with garlic chive green beans, creamy polenta and roasted chili beurre blanc. Prices are reasonable and the overall meal proved to be very good though both the polenta and slaw came up a little short in the flavor department.