“Great Place to Stay - Especailly if you are there for Academy functions”

Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 8 June 2007

We just returned from spending a week at this hotel during the Air Force Academy graduation. The staff was very helpful in anything that came up. The breakfast is great with very helpful service. And they also offer a complimentary heavy snack/light dinner every weeknight for guest. The exercise room and pool where small, but never more than one or two people were using it at the same time, so it wasn't a problem. I am sure service was stepped up for the week due to the graduation activities, but if that is any indication of how they operate the rest of the year, I would highly recommend. Very clean with modern amenities. The location is great as well. Jut a few exits down from the Academy north entrance and a short drive to the many malls and services, without putting you in the thick of all the traffic. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no safe in the rooms but they did offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk that I was able to use without a problem.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mountainsansbeaches

Reviewed 9 October 2006

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a long time (in this type of price range). It was clean and welcoming and our one-bedroom suite was gorgeous. Our housekeeper went above and beyond by leaving a note, some toys and snacks for my little ones. At the front desk, all 3 people there were extremely helpful. I wanted to know about a store hours and location--they not only called the store for me, but went back in the office to look on the internet for more details and printed out a detailed listing of times and the address and then gave me directions. At breakfast, the attendant there offerend to make me a fresh waffle--I had to run to the room for something and she had it ready for me when I came back. There were two ladies greeting people as they came down for breakfast and were extremely helpful and pleasant.

My family and I stayed here over a weekend, our plans taking us to an Air Force football game. We went from the hotel to the North gate at the Academy and it was so smooth--no in-town traffic to deal with at all and very easy access to both the North and South gates of the Academy (this would be a perfect place to stay for graduation or other Academy events).

We will plan to stay at this hotel every time we return to Colorado Springs. I would highly recommend this hotel, not only for the nice, clean rooms but most especially for its outstanding customer service. I felt everyone we came in contact with went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one.

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank im_a_colorado_girl
Reviewed 24 April 2006

We stayed here for a week and a half while on business. Overall, a pleasant stay -- they do everything which Residence Inn does right well, but nothing outstanding beyond that. It's clean and well-run, and the staff is generally very friendly and helpful; they were very good at restaurant recommendations and advice on local businesses. The breakfast buffet and evening happy hours were fine, although they had a tendency to run out of metal flatware or featured items early on. In general, I would say my one complaint about this otherwise well-run hotel was the "just in time supply" attitude -- just enough items in the buffets to last through most of the time allotted, just enough TP and other bathroom supplies for average to just below average use. They may save a bit doing this, but it spoils what could otherwise be a top rating.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank sedelman
Reviewed 19 September 2005

We just returned from Colorado Springs and stayed at the Residence Inn North. Great property! Hotel is right off I25, easy access. The front desk staff was great and helpful with suggestions of where to go eat, sightsee, etc. They knew the directions and how to get there which was great.

We were really pleased with our room. It had a queen size bed, with a full size fridge with ice maker, stovetop, full size coffee maker, utensils, and even a dishwasher. Everything was so clean. The bathroom had a very big countertop that was seperate from the toilet and bathtub area.

The indoor pool and hottub were very clean also. They had an outside sitting area, with a gas grill that you could use also.

The breakfest buffet was huge and complimentary. They had hot items everyday, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, french toasts or biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, then the normal stuff like cereal, fruit, yogurt, doughnuts,etc. Everything was fresh and hot. They always had a worker there supervising and making sure everything was in order.

During the week, they have a social hour that is for 2 hours. We were pleased with that too. They have a homebrew on tap, (it was good!) wine, and fountain soda. One night while we were there, they had brats, buns, sourkraut, chips, potatoe salad, lettuce salad, different kinds of puddings. We didn't eat there the nights we were there, we just had some drinks, but it looked good, and could save you some money.

Outside they also have a putting green, basketball hoop and a small tennis court.

If you go to Colorado Springs, and like Marriott properties, this is the place to go. It is so clean, smells new and the staff was wonderful!!

• Stayed: September 2005