All reviews putting green air force academy bedroom suite full kitchen basketball court top floor convenient hotel waffle maker front desk staff front range indoor pool every morning business travel fire pit north side breakfast area stayed longer
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Hotel was very clean and had great employees. The rooms are perfect for a longer stay for a family vacation. The location was perfect, there were many things to do near by. IT was an easy drive to all the activities in the Colorado Springs area and also if you would need to go to south Denver area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We have been here for this Thanksgiving holiday week. It’s been so peaceful. The place is nice and clean, staff is friendly and price is great. They even have complimentary nights with food and drinks. Very nice place!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I have stayed here several times and never been disappointed. . . . .until this time. This time I spent three nights. In all fairness, the manager, Celina Gutierrez was very accommodating, and did everything she could do to resolve the problem, once she grasped the severity of the problem. If I am disappointed, it is only in the type of HVAC system the facility uses.

I was in a room on the 4th floor. Getting up the first morning, there was no heat. Three times I had engineering visit my room. After the third time, I had heat. That evening, after dinner, I reset the thermostat to 64 degrees to sleep. When I left the room, it was at 70 degrees. Not until much later, did I realize there was heat, but no A/C. Visiting here in the fall means that the days can be very warm and the nights cool. So, at nearly 2:00 am, I called the front desk. No engineering on duty. So, I accepted the offer of a fan and open the bedroom balcony door and installed the earplugs. A very few hours later, time to get up. . . ugh.

The next morning, engineering came up again, looked at the unit, but could not promise it would perform as required that night. I went to the front desk and Ms. Gutierrez was extremely apologetic and offered to comp my room that night, give me points on my Hilton Honors Club and change my room. What more could I ask for?!

Also on the good side -- very good complimentary breakfast, complimentary drinks and snacks at 5:30 pm, well kept, clean and quality rooms. My room was spacious, comfortable in which to visit with three or four others, however, somewhat of a small bathroom, and the furniture could be updated, but overall, good.

The morale of the story -- if you're staying at this property make sure the AC/Heat system works. And, be an Hilton Honors member. I am very appreciate of people like Ms. Gutierrez who take pride in their work and in the reputation of their business. She is a credit to the Hilton chain. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room off of the interstate side (east)
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank M-Pilot
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Overall, the entire front desk and kitchen staff are excellent. Paco, Deborah, Sam, TJ were exceptionally helpful! The only negative is with housekeeping who are spotty and the supplies in the room vary from housekeeper to housekeeper. Some important things to us are the coffee, toilet paper, shampoo and conditioner. We consider these items to be essential and we frequently had to go to the front desk to get these items. The front desk, kitchen staff and maintenance personnel are all exceptional and treated us like family!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Perhaps we just had a sub-par room, but based on several prior Residence Inn stays, this one ranked among our lowest. The service, location, and views were fine, but the room was in disrepair. The bathroom was quite dark, the fan very noisy, the toilet ran continuously, there was water damage around the shower/tub, and too many layers of caulk attempting to put a band-aid on some mold. If possible, I would advise selecting a different location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Gene A, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear WisconsinJake,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you didn't care for your room. While we are just about to embark on a full rooms renovation in 2018, we endeavor to maintain our existing rooms to the highest possible standards. I sincerely apologize that this was not the experience you described. We value feedback of all types and appreciate yours.