“Spicy and delicious for pick up ”
Review of Thai Satay

Thai Satay
Ranked #646 of 1,593 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We ordered the beef pad thai three stars and basil vegetables with chicken two stars and a side of white rice for pick up. The food wasn't ready when we went to pick it up, but only had to wait an additional 10 minutes to the 20 we waited to drive and pick it up. Both dishes were very flavorful and the portions were very large. The spice scale is a little different than what we're used to. My two tasted more like a four and my husbands three was a little spicer than he was used to. I would order a star under what you expect the spice to be. Other than that we really enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank Lindsey M

Reviewed 2 July 2015

We have eaten just about everything on the menu and it has been very good. Wife and I try to have lunch once a week.

1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I eat here on a regular basis. The food is wonderful. The kitchen is fast. Recommend chicken with peanut sauce and chicken param as a special treat. The staff are spotty. One is friendly and accommodating, while another is surly and overcharges.

1  Thank Hazelcade
Reviewed 3 May 2015

I'm glad this little "hole in the wall" is fairly nearby. I would probably drive across town now and then to eat here, because it's so good - but I don't have to.

I've enjoyed Pad Thai (of course), royal chicken, and several other dishes. Friends I've brought have not yet developed their favorites, so they tried other dishes. Not once has anyone been disappointed.

The "hot-ness" rating has been challenging. Four years ago, it was 1-5 rated for Americans; I liked about 2.5. Then they changed, and wow - 1 was pushing my heat boundary! It seems they have backed off again, and now 2 is about right for me. Knowing what to expect has been a challenge - but I'll take the risk. Delicious!

Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

Well, we were visiting family and friends from Hawaii & had been missing the delicious Thai food from the island, so we decided to take a chance on a hole in the wall close where we were staying. The atmosphere is "meh" and they could definitely use an upgrade & the bathrooms were lacking basic things like working soap dispensers (had to open and dump soap), and the service was nice but not super experienced or efficient, but whatever was lacking was made up in the taste of the food. Both my husband and I were surprised and elated with everything from the salt and pepper tofu to each of our entrees. I had specified that I was a vegetarian and asked to make sure that the salt and pepper tofu and the tofu paean were in fact vegetarian with no fish sauce etc. and was told that was the case. I guess my only worry now is reading the review just below from someone that clearly has frequented this spot! While I didn't taste anything (and I usually do) and didn't get ill....I have to say it is daunting to read such a review! If the restaurant is not doing the right thing or telling clients the right thing...it could definitely lead to more than just a loss of customers. Fingers crossed that waiter was incorrect and uninformed or that they have put measures in place to make sure this doesn't happen again (I personally don't understand why so many places like this have a vegetarian section that isn't vegetarian), but I am going to go with my personal experience here and give the benefit of the doubt based off a hope that things truly are as good as they were for us when we went!