I stayed in a king room for 2 nights while out on business. Check-in was easy enough, and the room was well setup, at least for a solo traveler. The included mini-fridge and "wet bar" sink were nice touches, though the half-wall dividing the bed from the sitting area would have been insufficient if I wasn't the only one there. The bathroom itself was small and could have used more ventilation, but the water temperature and pressure were good.
The workout facility was a nice touch. They have 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a recumbent bike, which is fairly typical. They also had about ~7 other weight machines, including chest, shoulders, legs, and arms, which were well-maintained. Additionally, they had a short bench and barbell sets from 5 - 40# for free lifts, 2 scales (which agreed), towels, spare earbuds, and chilled water. While there is a guest room right next to the gym, there seemed to be enough padding in the floor to dampen sounds
Breakfast was pretty good. The fixed (based on 2 days) items include fresh fruit salad, breads, cereals, and various drinks. They also had 4 hot items that likely rotate, e.g. sausage, potatoes, eggs, french toast, waffles, etc. I was usually there relatively early, around 7, so I can't comment to how quickly things were re-filled, but there was enough seats and options to keep me happy.
The main negative was on the staffing levels. The front-house staff were ok, but I got the feeling that they were short-staffed. I'm not sure if that's typical, but it was less than ideal. I'm not particularly demanding while on travel, but there were definitely unnecessary delays checking out and somewhat harried responses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only four miles from downtown Colorado Springs and just 10 miles from Pikes Peak, the Hyatt Place Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods hotel is centrally located to popular area attractions including Manitou Springs, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and the U.S. Olympic Training Center. Additional Colorado Springs attractions include World Arena, Cave of the Winds and five area public golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Colorado Springs