All reviewstypical courtyardcourtyard marriottfront desktoilet showerparking lot was well litnice hotelroom was cleanroll away bedbusiness stayquiet stayconference roomworld arenarestaurants within walking distanceguest roomshousekeeping staffconvenient locationwonderful stay
Reviewed 18 June 2015

After a not so good hotel experience the night before, we were reluctant to stay anywhere. I found this Hotel, checked reviews and decided to book it for 2 nights. What a great decision! The lobby was really trendy, staff was very nice, rooms were more than i could ask for. I felt like i was staying in an apartment, not hotel. The outside area was very calm and serene and we loved the gazebo. The beds were extremely comfortable (and we are picky). The staff at the bistro/bar was amazing. The pool could have been cleaner, but it also was very nice. We were worried about the location as it use to be a pretty run down area, but I felt very safe. If I go back to the Springs, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We would stay here again and again!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Our family stayed here 4 nights for a wedding in Colorado Springs. The hotel staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our young daughter also slept well here! We found the restaurant food and staff to be satisfying and convenient.

The indoor pool was what we expected and our daughter enjoyed it. However, for some reason the doors that led outside were slightly open making the room VERY cold when we got out of the pool. We thought these could have been secured a little better but it did not ruin our stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2015

We visited Colorado Springs for my graduation last week. We used to live in COS and so we are familiar with the area. We typically prefer the north side of the city, but this hotel is close to the World Arena where graduation was held as well as close to The Broadmoor where we had dinner reservations (just a short taxi ride away). Additionally, we also stayed under the government rate, which was a great deal! We did not encounter any problems at this Marriott and enjoyed our stay. Our room was spotless and nicely renovated and offered everything that we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2015

This Courtyard is in a great location. Rooms were in awesome condition and well taken care of. Food at their Bistro is good. All of the staff was great to work with. We actually called the same day we needed a room, (acutally 30 min before we checked in), as we had reservations at another hotel that was a huge disappointment that we cancelled. My learning from this, go with what you know. And I KNOW that Mariott is always consistent. Lesson learned!!!

Room Tip: Choose 3rd floor. That way you don't hear the heavy walkers above.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I booked one of the "premium" rooms, 108, that included a whirlpool tub. We are both Hilton Diamond and Marriott platinum rewards members, but usually prefer Hilton for non-business travel. We should have stayed with Hilton. The room seemed in desperate need of an update. Old wallpaper, sink outside of bathroom, and dingy whirlpool tub really stand out. But that's not why this hotel gets such poor reviews. We got no sleep because in our room at least you can hear EVERYTHING. I was woken up at 5 am by a neighbor's hair dryer. I could hear absolutely every small movement outside the room at all times, including the upstairs room, vacuuming the lobby, you name it. The walls must be made out of paper. My other complaint is the lack of perks for platinum members. Seriously, not even a free bottle of water? Step up, Marriott. The only positive thing is the friendly staff. The front desk was very helpful and kind, which was very nice since I was sleep-deprived the entire weekend. All in all, we learned our lesson and will be sticking with Hilton from now on.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rach0717
Matt W, General Manager at Courtyard Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Rach0717,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in regards to your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the bad experience you had at our hotel. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great hotel experience and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I can certainly understand your frustration in not being able to get enough sleep. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your nice comments in regards to our staff. We hope that you will give Marriott hotels another chance in the future.