All reviews typical courtyard courtyard marriott front desk parking lot was well lit nice hotel room was clean roll away bed business stay quiet stay conference room world arena restaurants within walking distance guest rooms housekeeping staff convenient location wonderful stay up to date
Reviewed 18 May 2015

We visited Colorado Springs for my graduation last week. We used to live in COS and so we are familiar with the area. We typically prefer the north side of the city, but this hotel is close to the World Arena where graduation was held as well as close to The Broadmoor where we had dinner reservations (just a short taxi ride away). Additionally, we also stayed under the government rate, which was a great deal! We did not encounter any problems at this Marriott and enjoyed our stay. Our room was spotless and nicely renovated and offered everything that we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2015

This Courtyard is in a great location. Rooms were in awesome condition and well taken care of. Food at their Bistro is good. All of the staff was great to work with. We actually called the same day we needed a room, (acutally 30 min before we checked in), as we had reservations at another hotel that was a huge disappointment that we cancelled. My learning from this, go with what you know. And I KNOW that Mariott is always consistent. Lesson learned!!!

Room Tip: Choose 3rd floor. That way you don't hear the heavy walkers above.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I booked one of the "premium" rooms, 108, that included a whirlpool tub. We are both Hilton Diamond and Marriott platinum rewards members, but usually prefer Hilton for non-business travel. We should have stayed with Hilton. The room seemed in desperate need of an update. Old wallpaper, sink outside of bathroom, and dingy whirlpool tub really stand out. But that's not why this hotel gets such poor reviews. We got no sleep because in our room at least you can hear EVERYTHING. I was woken up at 5 am by a neighbor's hair dryer. I could hear absolutely every small movement outside the room at all times, including the upstairs room, vacuuming the lobby, you name it. The walls must be made out of paper. My other complaint is the lack of perks for platinum members. Seriously, not even a free bottle of water? Step up, Marriott. The only positive thing is the friendly staff. The front desk was very helpful and kind, which was very nice since I was sleep-deprived the entire weekend. All in all, we learned our lesson and will be sticking with Hilton from now on.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rach0717
Matt W, General Manager at Courtyard Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Rach0717,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in regards to your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the bad experience you had at our hotel. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great hotel experience and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I can certainly understand your frustration in not being able to get enough sleep. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your nice comments in regards to our staff. We hope that you will give Marriott hotels another chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed 1 nite here while on a business trip. The room I had was spacious. The room was very clean. They serve Starbucks in the cafe in the lobby and I got a nice latte the day I departed. Also free newspapers in the lobby and several desktop computers if you need them. Check in was fast and staff polite.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2015

On here for work and th service is very good. The only draw back is the prices are high at there food area. The rooms are good,beds and pillows are good. Only issue was the frog in the room but once they were advised they fixed it.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business