All reviews front desk dvd player restaurant attached to the hotel reading lights nice hotel great view of the mountains stayed two nights continental breakfast inns
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This property was fantastic. One of the all time best that I’ve stayed in anywhere! Centrally located in a shopping area with great restaurants within walking distance. Can’t forget the great staff and service!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
CrisR1119, Manager at Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate the comments, and are glad we could provide a great experience. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Got a group rate and stayed in the area with a group of friends. The staff behind the counter was friendly, welcoming, accommodating and gregarious. Our room was lovely with a great view of the mountains. A 'to order' breakfast came with the room and it was incredible! The staff in the restaurant in the mornings made our day start bright. It is a very nice hotel with clean, beautiful spaces but the staff make it a cut above.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Cris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel. We share all of our comments with the staff, and I am sure they will appreciate them as much as I do. We hope that anytime you are in the Springs, we are your preffered Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We stayed for a sports tournament and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We arrived early to check in and they got us in the room quickly. The pool and breakfast were great. The room was very clean even the though we were early. The only complaint was the room was kind of crowded with the furniture, but worked for what we needed.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in the room a lot, be mindful of the space.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Cris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We arrived early, and I had requested a 1st floor room months in advance. I was very disappointed to receive a room on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. I have mobility issues and did not appreciate having to drag my luggage that far, especially as a spire elite member.
Our room had a nice view of the mountains and we saw a nice sunset, but unfortunately, the beds were facing the wrong direction to lay in bed and watch it.
The bathroom door was VERY strange. The toilet was in a separate area and the same door served both the main bath and toilet by swinging different ways. It was always in the way and the handle did not turn which made you think you were locked in. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and poor lighting. There was a power button on the mirror which made you think it should light up, but it didn't. We didn't have enough towels and ran out of tissues. When we asked about more supplies we were told that we'd have to wait for housekeeping to come to work.
Our plans for the evening fell through due to inclement weather, so we decided to eat at the hotel since there weren't any other restaurants nearby. We should have known it was a bad sign when there wasn't hardly anyone in the restaurant at dinner time, especially when the hotel was full. The first thing the waiter did was give us a drink menu which had conflicting information about Happy Hour than what was advertised in the lobby. Then he told us that they didn't have hardly any of the beers on tap that were listed on the menu. The menu was small and rather limited, however, they listed a citrus glazed salmon with FRESH vegetables. I thought that sounded appealing.
What I received, however, was nothing like what was advertised. The salmon had no glaze or sauce on it. It was smothered on both sides with a VERY spicy Cajun seasoning and was totally dried out and as hard as a rock. I tried one bite and my stomach was burning from it all night. I order salmon in restaurants a lot and have never been served a filet that wasn't tender and juicy. Sometimes they are undercooked and have to be sent back to cook some more. I also cook salmon a lot at home and I have no idea how they achieved such a texture on this one. I suspect it was microwaved to death. The FRESH vegetables consisted of frozen California blend broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots that were cooked to mush and unseasoned and cold. This is the middle of summer and it shouldn't have been any problem to get FRESH vegetables, especially if that is what you are going to list on your menu. Others in my party ordered burgers prepared medium and fries. Their burgers were served well done and the fries were inedible as they were smothered in a TON of salt and pepper. Our waiter said it wasn't his fault that the food was not as described on the menu. He said he would at least bring me a filet without any seasoning on it, but he never did. He asked if he could give me a free beer to make up for the fact that I had nothing to eat. Excuse me????? I told him I wasn't about to pay for the salmon as I couldn't eat any of it or the vegetables either. As far as I'm concerned we shouldn't have had to pay for any of it as the food was not as advertised, at least half of all of our meals was inedible, and no one cared. No manager, cook, or anyone from the kitchen came out and apologized or offered to get us something else to eat. Appauling customer service!!!!! I had had a very long, difficult day and was very disappointed that I wasn't able to eat where I had originally planned, and I went to bed hungry and upset and didn't get much sleep.
I didn't want to eat breakfast at the hotel, but again there was no where else to eat nearby. We thought we would order room service so we would at least not have to go down there. However, they wouldn't answer the phone, so my husband had to go down to place our order. There were only a few customers in the restaurant and there were several waitresses standing around behind the bar twiddling their thumbs, yet they said it would take over half an hour to get food because they were so busy. The person who delivered the food said it took so long because ours was the first order of the day. Neither excuse made any sense. The food tasted fair, but we only received 3 of the 4 meals we ordered. So, my husband had to go back downstairs again to complain. We had a full day planned and couldn't wait around any longer for more food to be cooked. They said they would give us the food we got on the house due to their incompetence. I guess we'll find out when I get our credit card statement.
The Holiday Inn chain has always had a reputation for being a place travelers could count on for food and lodging. This place severely let us down. They desperately need to do a total overhaul of that restaurant, especially if it is going to represent the Holiday Inn. I would never come back here and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback on your experience with our hotel. I am sorry about all of the negative experiences you had with our hotel. From the location of the room to your restaurant experience. It saddens me to read that we will not be recommended by you, and that we let you down. It is unnacceptable, and I put myself in your place. Again, I am sorry for your experience.

I hope one day you can return and show you that we can be a 5 star stay for you.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We were unable to get any sleep due to multiple animals (larger than mice or squirrels - possibly racoons?) scurrying and chattering loudly above our ceiling all night. And then early in the morning, pigeons joined in, cooing loudly above us on the roof. When we brought this to the front desk clerk's attention, she acknowledged knowing about the pigeons but was unaware of the other animals scurrying about and said she'd have maintenance take a look; however, a trapper is what is needed! One can only imagine the filth (such as excrement and fleas) up there! The clerk did adjust our bill due to our sleepless night.

We then went for breakfast at the restaurant. There was only one server working. This was a Saturday morning, and the hotel had been fully booked the night before (a golf tournament was in town, plus firefighters due to wildfires in the state), so obviously one server was insufficient. It took 35 minutes to get our breakfast and then, to make matters worse, the order was incorrect.

The appearance of the inn overall was clean and updated; however, this experience fell far short of what we expected at a Holiday Inn. After filling out a hotel survey, I received a cliché email from the manager ("Sorry we didn't meet your expectations"). Hopefully a trapper and an exterminator were brought in, the area sanitized, and all entry points sealed up.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Dylan B, Manager at Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn COLORADO SPRINGS AIRPORT.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, with the noises and lack of service in the restaurant. As we are a humane property we do our best to ensure animals are not affected but also not disruptive. Since looking into it we have had no other complaints. Our responses are always tailored to the guests survey that was completed in a genuine matter.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

DYLAN BUDD