“A great night out”
Review of Splash!

Splash!
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had some friends visiting from France and decided to do something different... We were thrilled by the results! The staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and fun. I have always been horrible in art class, one of our friends actually went to school for art and my boyfriend added his own twist to the painting... And yet, each one of us was thrilled with the results! There was something really neat about creating something in a fun atmosphere while an instructor made it as simple as can be. It is definitely on my list of things to do again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Splash!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I had never painted before but we went and tried it and, just like they promise, we actually came home with two recognizable paintings. It was pretty easy: they give you a blank canvas, brushes, paints, and explicit directions on which brush to use, which color, and what to draw, step by step, although you’re free to improvise if you’re feeling really creative.

My only complaints are 1) the seats are so close together that if you lean back to look at your work, you are leaning into the artist right behind you; 2) the brushes were really old and mine kept shedding hairs into my wet paint, and 3) the music is SO LOUD, next time I’ll bring ear plugs. But otherwise, it was fun.

3  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was VERY pleasantly surprised by Splash! in the Springs... What a hip, fun, creative activity that truly EVERYONE will enjoy. The space is really nice, wine is great and the instructors were lovely and hysterical! Thank you Splash! for bringing a nice, classy, business to downtown Colorado Springs. Will be coming back again soon!

1  Thank meg043
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The classes are pretty fun. Instructors do a great job helping you paint a pretty good picture, even for those of us that can't even draw a stick figure. Bar serves beer and wine. Only thing I didn't really like was the $30 price tag. It was fun but not THAT fun...

1  Thank Irish602
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband purchased a date night through Groupon for the two of us. Neither of us knew quite what to expect, but when we arrived it was a fun mix if couples, groups of friends having a 'girls night out' as well as a mother-daughter pair.

The staff at Splash made sure everyone had the right paints, brushes, canvas, aprons and either wine, soda or water to keep you happy and hydrated as we painted a masterpiece.

The night we went, the theme was "Starry Night" and our fearless leader took us through each step of the the painting process to achieve our desired results. Usually, I am the one with the so called 'artistic talent' between my husband and I...however, this night, his painting turned out much better than mine did, and though I did my best to keep my art work looking traditional, I made an error that I was unable to recover from, so my 'serious' piece became humorous with the addition of a spaceship driven by a green alien. Humiliating and humbling for me, to say the least. : )

There was nothing at all in our experience that was not enjoyable and we look forward to returning for another go at becoming the next Rembrandt.