“The best Thai I've ever had ”

Wild Ginger Thai Restaurant
Ranked #382 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Wild ginger is incredible! I've eaten with Khan and Elmer since they were called Thai Orchid. The way they season their food, and accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions, makes them more than just a good restaurant. It makes them wonderful people. Thank you for fueling me through to my adult years with Tom Yum, pad Thai, veggie green curry, and Khan candy!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

When I worked in the Springs I ate here weekly. I worked my way up the, unwritten, spicy scale to "Kill me Thai hot." Hot enough to cause neck-sweats but still taste the flavors of the dishes.
The owner is a great and happy lady. Now that I visit less frequesntly she still remembers my name and always has a smile.
I've tried almost every non-seafood dish they have and like them all. Pad Kee Mow (Drunkard's Noodles). There is no alchol in them they were (are) just what many people eat after a night of drinking.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The waitress was ok but the food was the worst Thai I have ever had. Food was not hot and the flavor was weird.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This is a nice family-run restaurant with no flashy furnishings, just good Thai food. We enjoyed them years ago at their previous location and didn't realize they've been at the "new" location for a few years. The service is friendly and fast. The food is basic, authentic Thai and spiced just about where it should be. Most Thai restaurants tone down the heat for the American palate and Wild Ginger toes that line. The medium level has enough heat to begin to break a forehead sweat, but should be a bit more. The mild has a noticeable heat, but not much. There aren't many Thai options in this part of town and Wild Ginger is a good choice.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

My daughter had a craving for Thai food and this place had good reviews, so we gave it a try. It was small and quiet, and had real cloth tablecloths and a peaceful atmosphere. Service was immediate and friendly. Our meals all came with soup, which was delicious. Everything we ordered came quickly and was also excellent. I will definitely seek this place out the next time I go to Colorado.