“What a restaurant should be”
Review of Carlos Bistro

Carlos Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlos Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,613 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hw 24
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I left this restaurant at the precipice of uncomfortable it was so good. The staff was impeccable. They speak with please and thank you to each other. They all multitask jobs. The hostess was warm & inviting. Then there’s Carlos. He visited each table in the restaurant at least three times. Everyone is his friend. He knew old & new customers. Celebrated 5 anniversaries this night. Attention to detail is constant. His staff are courteous. He is a charmer. Well Versed in conversation, wine, mussels, and life in general. Foodies look out. First course was a warm cauliflower soup with curry and ground bacon. Our salad was a spring mix with a lobster tail cooked to perfection with and olive oil tarragon dressing. Small pieces of candied pistachios & ruby red Grapefruit. Main course was an orange roughy with a gardenia cream sauce atop a bed of saffron rice it was completely delicious. My dish was a veal schnitzel on top of mashed potatoes and had a cape & white wine butter sauce to accompany it and they knew each other well. The Keylime tart was perfect. Let me warn you that the ride home will make you sleepy

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner last night at Carlos Bistro and it was outstanding. Carlos personally spends time at each table throughout the night which is rare these days to see the actual owner. We both had steaks and they were cooked perfectly. Highly recommend visiting if you are in Colorado Springs and want a special dinner!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful time we had at Carlos Bistro. My husband and I spend the thweekend at Colorado Springs, and we desired to have dinner there. The staff was very professional and friendly. The food was great. Carlos the owner was very welcoming, he gave us excellent food recommendations. I honestly love this restaurant. I definitely come back.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

While staying at The Broadmoor we decided to venture off the property for dinner and so glad we did. Everything we ordered was superb (oysters and soup for appetizers, Ceaser salad that was a bit different than the usual served in most restaurants, one pork chop entree and one flat iron steak entree - both with mixed vegetables and either mashed potatoes or saffron risotto). And then dessert - we shared a white chocolate bread pudding. It was one of the best desserts ever! As our server said, "it's life-changing." TRUTH! We were greeted at the door by the owner and he checked on us frequently. Great experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Wow, I was not expecting “that” as far as the meal we ate at the Bistro. Non-descript, sort of Taco Bell looking from the outside, Carlos Bistro served up a great meal on the inside. My filet mignonette while pricey was just the most juicy, flavorful and tender cut of meat I’ve ever eaten. My friends scallops and another’s lobster salad equally delicious. Service was first class, attentive but not over bearing. Extensive bottled wine list although beer was much more limited and unexciting, but the food tremendous. Easily rates a return visit.