“Foodie stop! ”
Review of Till

Till
Reserve with OpenTable
Till is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,645 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$9 - US$38
Description: Welcome to TILL, an 18,000 sq. ft. open kitchen. You will find freshly crafted cuisine, an extensive wine selection and bar, artisan breads and pastries created in our on-site bakery, and pizza baked in our wood-fired oven. Complete with our Private Dining Room, we are here to help you celebrate all of life’s celebrations. We take reservations at Opentable.com, and we also accept walk ins. We can’t wait to serve you!
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Try the green chile - in any form! Great joint for people who enjoy good food! I’ve read some of the negative reviews (hilarious) - They are non-traditional, so if you expect Texas Roadhouse, go somewhere else. Awesomely curated menu and cocktail selection. They change their menu seasonally which is great because you are getting fresh ingredients. The chefs choice of meat is pricey - know that you’re paying for local meat - not necessarily a higher quality. That being said, it was good. I had a lavender cocktail that would knock your socks off. And our server Patrick was awesome and super knowledgeable - great recommendations. We will be back for brunch!!!

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The Till is one of my favorite restaurants in Co Springs! Fresh ingredients, excellent food and the best wait staff, very friendly. The ambience is great and one also has a beautiful view of Pikes Peak Mountain.
The grilled artichoke is one of my favorites as well as the green chili, chiliquilles (on weekends). Hamburgers, pizza and gyros are also excellent. Salads are great too.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Yet again, the wife and I were on a rare date night and looking for a non-franchise local place to eat.

And sadly, yet again we were quite disappointed by "The Till "

We had seen this place driving along Powers BLVD from time to time and wanted to try it, despite the rumors. But, unfortunately the rumors were true.

This place is not quite as it seems. It's not a hard pass like Rocco's off of Academy, but be aware of what you're getting into.

We began the night by being greeted with a 45min wait, which was immediately solved with open bar topseating. . (Looking good so far)

Then we were greeted by a very outgoing and friendly server, who unfortunately was not ours for the duration of the meal.

We placed a drink order, I asked for an "Old Fashioned" and my wife asked for a cocktail with pineapple and lime ingredients, of which she cannot remember the name. Her drink was pretty tasty from what she says, mine however had grenadine running down the side of it. Which is NOT an ingredient of an old fashioned. The drink was tolerable even though it was far too sweet for me.

We got our new server and she was friendly. Got the explanation of the "chef's choices" (which $40 per each for normal cuts of meats, little bit of a reach.)

I ordered the Steak Frites and the wife ordered the Short Rib, we also ordered a house 'side salad' to round out the meal.

Everything came at once, the salad was nothing more than mixed greens, a few extremely thin slices of apple, some thin crackers (croutons I guess), tons of jalapenos, and a very odd tasting dressing. (Absolutelt not a normal house salad. Wouldnt have minded a heads up on that, sheerly for expectation management.)

My steak had the gristle and fat still on, what was a very small cut of NY Strip, cooked close to how I requested. The fries, full on "burger king" fries, and the other sides (usually a steak comes with potatoes and a vegetable) a grilled 3" portion of romaine lettuce (that you can't sub) and a grilled lemon half.

This was a very lazy dish overall. The steak was bland and tastes like they picked it up off the bargain bin at the local grocery store. And the fries, as I stated "burger king."

I asked for some steak sauce to counter the texture and bland flavor of the steak and I was promptly answered with an "oh we dont have steak sauces here."

So, the few bites I took remained.

The wifes entree wasnt as much of a disaster. The short ribs were decently flavored, though very tough and dry, the mustard based sauce was a decent cover up for poor culinary/grilling skills. The "minor potatoes" were tasty, but overcooked and hard to eat, and her broccolini were "as expected" I guess. (I dont really preferr broccoli)

There was a manager that popped in and filled our water and asked what we thought because I had expressed a little disappointment in the steak, when I responded with "its bland, has gristle, and paired with burger king fries." She acted as if she took it personally, but did offer to remove it from the bill. Which I' did not expect.

Overall, the atmosphere wasnt bad, the cocktails were 50/50 (learn how to actually make an old fashioned before you offer it please) but the food left a lot to be desired. Very poorly prepared steak and the attitude of disgust from the waitress and manager really just made us want to get the check and leave.

We will not be returning to this restaurant until I see/hear of an improvement overall. And yes, we took a risk after hearing 50/50 reviews of this place. But we were hopeful, and yet we were let down.

1  Thank Tyler H
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Love this place. Go at least once or twice a week. The bartenders and servers are amazing! Food is excellent!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Sadly I am in Florida but she called and asked me to review! She said it was fantastic , both food and service!