“Best Thai food in the area”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #223 of 1,575 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This lovely restaurant looks like a typical Mom and Pop Asian restaurant. That is where "typical" ends in my description. The owners/staff are super-friendly and remember their customers. They go out of their way to see that your experience is pleasant. The food is awesome. My husband and I have tried several dishes and they have each been delicious and attractively served. Their appetizer sampler plate is great. Wine and beer are available if you wish. This establishment is great for families as well as adults-only parties.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I've eaten a fair amount of US Thai food in my life. This is pretty good stuff. I had the chicken coconut soup and the Panang curry. I'm a fan of Panang curry and try it whenever it's available. This one was pretty good; it was packed full of veggies and shrimp with plenty enough sauce to put rice into. I didn't give a spice level and this one comes very mild, so you'll have to ask for it spicy. Also, I agree with other reviewers about things being on the sweet side here.

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

We had the food delivered. It arrived fast and was hot.
The grill shrimp & vegetables was tasty, large shrimp. We also had seaweed salad, pad Thai, and chicken fried rice all were perfect.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

This is a great place to grab some Asian cuisine. The Pad Thai is very well prepared and the Lo Mein is wonderful. There are many other options to fit all sorts of tastes. The servings are large and I always have some to take home. The food is very fresh and the service is always wonderful.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

During our recent trip to Colorado, we wound up at a number of Thai restaurants, and of all of them, this would be our least favorite. We came in during the Super Bowl for some quick food and unsurprisingly, we were absolutely were the only customers in the place!

Thai Basil's food seemed heavier and greasier than other Thai food we had--more towards the Chinese. The wrapper on the steamed dumpling was extremely thick and chewy. We just went for the filling. The chicken satay seemed a bit greasy, as did the grilled beef salad.

Service was fine. Food came out quickly, so we were able to get back to our hotel to see the rest of the Super Bowl.