“Waitress quotes one price for sides but charges another”

Dos Hombres Restaurant Clifton
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We were a large table of 9. Waitress was friendly and did separate checks. But restaurant was very hot on this 100 degree evening. Food was very average. And when waitress Carrie asked if we wanted sour cream and guacamole we asked the price. She said the sour cream was 75 cents extra and the guacamole was $3. When the guacamole arrived it was such a small amount that I said, this couldn’t be $3 could it? She said well it’s really $3.50. I said then we don’t want it. Then when the bill came we saw that 75 cent sour cream was billed at $1.95. When I questioned about this, she said she just guessed at the 75 cent figure. Ridiculous.

1  Thank Don G

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Close to our hotel, service was okay, place was clean, the food was not exceptional, but we had been driving for 10 hours, and I was sure happy to have a strong margarita!

1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 26 May 2018

I live here. It is very average mexican food. If you like that then you will love it. It is very difficult to find anything spicy and most seem like it might be microwaved. Lots of cheese and no spice. It is moderately priced. Service is good most of the time. Its busy so the food is probably fresh. If you are from a location that has great Mexican then save your money. Family friendly and good for couples. They have some private booths.

1  Thank mommy0003
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Atmosphere, nice. Service was good. Close to the hotel. Ate there twice during my four days stay in Clifton. Would recommend to eat there.

2  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Definitely the worst Mexican food I have EVER had. I hear the happy hour rocks it, drinks must be good, the food is not. There's a lot of choices... make a different one.

1  Thank WyoFarmGirl