2,150 results
All reviews the reserve free room lava room black hawk table games the room was nice parking garage slot machines nice stay bed was very comfortable blackhawk comps hallway refrigerator valet colorado mountains
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This hotel has been remodeled nicely. Could use a little better food variety. Everyone was very friendly. Advertising for prime rib dinner is a little deceiving. You would be better off just paying the $30 for the meal vs. trying to get enough points.

Stayed: June 2018
Bonnie S, Executive Administrative Assistant at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi Sara K,

Thank you for your great posting and review of The Grand Z Casino in Central City, Colorado. We are really happy you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come back and play here again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I have been a loyal member of the Z's establishments for many years! However, today they have permanently lost my business! I am extremely disappointed in the way I was treated today and will not return to any of their establishments. I sure hope management and the owners strive to improve the poor culture that is being exhibited.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahakh14
Bonnie S, Executive Administrative Assistant at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Sarahakh14,

We are terribly sorry that your visit was not up to your expectations. Unfortunately, we can't fix what happened if we don't know about it. Please email us at marketing@jzscasino.com and let us know what happened, who you were dealing with, and the reason you have decided not to visit any of our properties so we can address your issues.

Thank you.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The room was very nice. Everything was modern and we felt very comfortable. The bed and pillows were great. We had a good night sleep. Even had a single serve Keurig coffee pot for the morning which was nice. The water in the shower stayed warm and the shower head and water pressure were perfect. The only thing I didn't like is we self parked versus the valet, which would have been free, but we wanted to have access to our vehicle anytime we wanted. There wasn't an easy way to get from the hotel to the parking lot without going through the casino. If there was we never figured it out. Since it was a casino breakfast wasn't included unless you were gambling. The casino itself was nice, very modern and clean. Since it was a non-smoking property it smelled fine too!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Bonnie S, Executive Administrative Assistant at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your recent and awesome, five-star rating and review of The Grand Z Casino Hotel in historic Central City, Colorado.

We are so pleased you enjoyed everything from the hotel room, to the way the casino didn't smell like smoke! We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the hotel and casino floors.

Unfortunately, there is no other entrance to the parking garage, except through the casino. We apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

We hope you'll come back and stay here again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Room was great, very clean and comfortable. Quite a few outlets but could use a few more. There was a small fridge in the room which is always nice. The room was quiet for a casino hotel with a secure elevator the the floor.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryO1958
Bonnie S, Front Office Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi Mary!

Thank you for taking the time to post an awesome, five-star rating and review of The Grand Z Casino Hotel in historic Central City, Colorado. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are still renovating the hotel, and I will let the Director of Engineering know your concern regarding the outlets.

We hope you'll come back and play here again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've stayed at the Grand Z hotel 3 times now since the name change and have stayed at the Reserve many times with no issues. I typically have a wonderful time and being that my husband and I gamble a very decent amount, I receive free night stays and frequent free play from all 3 of the "Z" casino lines.

Unfortunately, I've had quite a few recent bad experiences at their casinos.

1) At their Mustang grill at the Z Casino 6mos ago or so, experienced a long wait time and felt ignored by the wait staff. I was told by the waiter after ordering that a drunk man had just vomited in the dinning room. We were ignored for the remainder of our meal and we had to find a waiter to ask for our bill.

2) At their Johnny Z casino, twice now I've been hassled about my older ID. The security at the entrance verifies my ID, gives me a wrist band and the bartender asks for my ID again. She then proceeds to grab other staff to "verify" my ID isn't fake. They quizzed me on the dates of my ID. This seriously happened 2 separate times and I won't be returning there for that reason alone but if that doesn't deter you, their machines are old- typically broken and do not pay out.

3) Stayed at the Grand Z hotel for my 3rd time, I've won a few jackpots at the Grand Z casino and I usually have a great time. We paid 250.00 dollars for a Standard King room, the temperate was 75 degrees and the A/C didn't work. I called the front desk who sent an engineer who stated he didn't know what was wrong with it but told us it would take a few hours to cool down.

The engineer was polite but seemed very confused. He stated they had recently replaced their thermostats and wasn't sure what the issue was. I asked questions such as what do we do if it doesn't work etc. His comments were, "I don't know", "Not sure what the problem is" or "I think I feel the cool air". When re-asking what we should do if it doesn't cool down he repeated himself that it would take a few hours.

The room was over a live band and the window opened only 3 inches; it needed to be propped open. The staff propped it up with a plastic ashtray that of course we didn't notice, so while trying to open the window the ashtray fell to the ground. I told the engineer before he left and he returned with a wood block that he used to prop the window back open. The room remained 74 degrees for the next hour, I was tired and attempted to get some sleep- when I awoke 4 hours later the room was 73 degrees. When I left the next morning 8 hours after the engineer looked at it, the room was 71 degrees.

Informed the hotel staff while checking out the A/C didn't work and the engineer was unable to repair this. The woman would not make eye contact with me and replied, "I will let them know."

She was unkind and didn't offer any accommodations and honestly I wouldn't have asked if she was just slightly empathetic but due to her nonchalant and abrasive replies I asked for a discount on the room. She replied, "No, but we'll get you breakfast". It was an awkward and embarrassing moment being that if you're a card player they offer you free breakfast after playing to a point tier (which we had already reached and received free breakfast).

After I informed her we already received free breakfast, she replied "Okay then". After she went into a back room, she returned stating she was giving us a credit to the room which was a voucher for a free night stay in a standard room excluding blackout dates which typically is Fri and Sat nights. This is not a good solution as I already receive free hotel stays for being a frequent player.

She did not offer a refund which is what I've contacted them asking for. I've called their casino host, left a message and emailed through their contact page off their Z casino page however; they're very difficult to get in contact with if you have an issue. The entire experience was unpleasant and has left me feeling devalued.

Room Tip: East side rooms are quieter, to use hotel coupons you must tell them before scheduling and before checking in you must present the coupon.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Bonnie S, Executive Administrative Assistant at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Chrissy,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate all feedback. I am sorry that your stay with us very negative. I spoke with the hotel management and he told me that he reversed your credit card charge for the room.

We will double our efforts and continue to work on guest satisfaction.

I hope you'll give us another shot.