All reviews mid city prime rib black hawk century casino casino action nice room slot machines nice casino blackhawk colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Reasonable prices, the rooms are good .noisy a/c in our room .
Casino is nice and the restaurants there are very good . Will stay here again. Lot more quite than black hawk casinos and hotels.very relax environment. Enjoyed central city. Not as busy as Blackhawk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
CenturyCasinoCC, Guest Relations Manager at Century Casino & Hotel Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for the thorough review! We'll take a look at the noise from that HVAC unit. We're very glad you enjoyed yourself with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

When I travel I don't necessarily look for a 5 star hotel. My daughter and I accidently found this place last September and spent some time playing and eating there. Everyone was so great we decided to stay here this March. And WE WERENT DISAPPOINTED!!! We spent 2 nights in a super clean and comfortable room. The beds were great. Everything was so clean and nice. The casino offers a wide variety of machines to explore and try. what fun. I cant say enough about the staff. I never saw one person without a smile on their face. And---willing to do whatever we needed to make our stay great. I also have to mention one of my favorite things about this casino. They have a really great restaurant with super food. The prime rib special is only $7.99 and the meat is melt in your mouth. Also had occasion to eat breakfast a couple of times and it was great as well. Then of course being me--- I left my kindle in my room.. Called lost and found the day I left and it was promptly in the mail. Now if you do go (and you really should) be sure to say Hi to Liz. She is one of the neatest people on the planet. Knows everyone and everyone is her friend. I really don't know what else I can say. This place gets 5 stars across the board. Service, Cleanliness, Food, and Rooms. Team Jeri

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

This is really a great review, and one we'll make sure to share with our staff including Liz (who is indeed a rock star). We really appreciate you noting all this detail for others to read and consider when deciding where to spend their time "up the Hill" in Colorado. It's reviews like yours that help us keep the faith that our service approach is spot-on and that our guests truly do enjoy their time with us. We hope to see you again soon, and thanks again!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

first I want to say thank you to the entire staff at the century casino!! every one here at the casino make me feel welcome and like I'm their friend, weather I spend a bundle or not!! our high light of the week is to come up on Thursdays and have fun and we do!! we were able to stay 2 nights here on 2 difarant weeks, our room was spotless both times, we had such a good time and thank you guys so much, now my next thing to talk about is the picky people that choose to write bad things about hotels and such, have they ever went to the staff about things instead of negative reviews?? hey it always works for me to communicate with staff or management, how else are they to know, and I don't always win at casinos but I have fun and I'm prepared to loose money also with out trashing a casino, my friend asked if I knew who built a casino in Arkansas and I said I believe the reservation down the road did, he said nope it was built by broke people, ive won and ive lost yes at the century but I always have the best time here verses any other casino on the entire strip through Blackhawk, we want to thank all the staff here esp the grill their food and service is hard to beat, house keeping is amazing floor staff is amazing and this casino shows how good and trained the management is, thanks again century casino ill be seein ya soon

Room Tip: be prepared for the morning street sweeper
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
CenturyCasinoCC, Guest Relations Manager at Century Casino & Hotel Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

What a great review, thank you so much! You can be assured we will share your thanks with our team so they know they are helping you to have a good time. You make a great point about mentioning things, as we will do what we can to make a situation right for a guest who had a bad experience. Still, not everybody is comfortable doing that, and so we know it is our job to prevent those concerns if we can beforehand. Every business deals with online reviews now, but not every business is luck enough to have guests like you, communicating when they are treated well. Thanks for that! See you next time!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

It had been about 20 years since visiting Central City and I wanted my wife to experience the area. It hasn't changed much but wow has Blackhawk. Anyway, we checked into the hotel at Century City and the two ladies at the desk could not have been nicer. Very friendly. Our room was nice but the furniture is old and I don't mean antique old. Tables scratched old. It gave us the feeling that it had been pieced together with outdated Goodwill furniture. The bathroom was a huge plus! Very nice, modern and clean. Now if we could just get the toilet to flush without having to lift the back of the tank off! Bed was comfortable, quiet and room was warm. This room should have been around the $80 a night range but definitely not the $175 we paid. Live and learn.
We had a nice time in the casino which has a old outdated feel to it as well. The downtown area of Central City has many closed up businesses. Sad to see that go.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CenturyCasinoCC, Guest Relations Manager at Century Casino & Hotel Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thanks for the thorough review! We're glad you enjoyed yourselves, and we'll take the items we can improve that you've mentioned to heart. Modernizing the furniture is a big step. We can at least assure you that any scuffing is from guests getting good use of the pieces over the last eleven years, nothing is second-hand! The toilet issue you mentioned is not "standard," something we will investigate and address and would happily resolve for you while here, too. With 26 rooms total, our Friday/Saturday prices are higher than our weekday prices, which are more in the range you mentioned. Finally, every business in Central City hopes to see more success here. All we can do is... our part! ;)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel -

We spent two nights here. The first room we were given was incredibly noisy as it was evidently situated very near the pump room or some large building equipment - the entire room rumbled and vibrated. When we asked to be moved, we were offered the room next door, which was even worse - we walked the halls and it seemed most of the rooms had the same problem.

The young man we spoke to at the hotel desk said he'd had complaints about the noise before, but he was unaware of how many rooms were affected. He finally offered a room along a different corridor - it was somewhat quieter, there was no rumbling and vibrating, but there was noise outside our window from the numerous busses bringing in gamblers. Fortunately, the noise stopped around 10, but started up again around 7 am.

The street lights outside our windows didn't help our sleep experience much - the bright light still came in around the edges of the curtains (which were off their rods in some areas). Blinds or shutters would be considerably more useful.

Our hotel room was spacious and nice enough, but the carpeting throughout the second floor could use a good clean.

Our experience with hotel customer service was sadly lacking - check-in staff was brusque, our request for help with the safe was ignored, and our room was never serviced. When we called to ask why it hadn't been serviced, we were told it was up to us to request service by putting a 'Please Service' tab in the door. No one had told us this at check-in, and we'd not seen the flyer in the room stating this until after-the-fact.

Oddly, there was notice on the back of the door advising that a maid would knock on the door around 10 am, and if we didn't want service, to put the Do Not Disturb tab on the door. Perhaps they should remove that notice and put a larger notice advising if you want service you must request it.

I've stayed in countless hotels across the world and not once have I been expected to request my room be cleaned. Weirdly enough, this hotel also asks customers to put the Please Service tab in the door at the end of the stay. Seriously? Their cleaning staff doesn't know who is checking out?

Bizarre.

The restaurant -

We had three meals in the Mid-City Grill and all were pretty good, with the notable exception of the instant (!) mashed potatoes. Note to the food buyer - instant mashed potatoes are hideous - real mashed potatoes are delicious, easy and inexpensive to make. The staff seemed overworked and unhappy to be there.

On the upside - they served real butter!

It was unfortunate that they wouldn't let us charge our meal to our room, and that you can't buy a proper cup of coffee in the coffee shop before 8 am. Sure, they offer coffee makers in the hotel rooms, but it's undrinkable.

The Casino -

Truly greedy slots - we didn't stand a chance in this casino. They have Craps, but from M-W they don't open the tables - not even at night.

Overall impression - understaffed and disinterested.

We'd come back for a meal (one without mashed potatoes), but it's very unlikely we'd stay in the hotel or play in the casino again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melnq8
CenturyCasinoCC, Guest Relations Manager at Century Casino & Hotel Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

We thank you for your frank and honest review. I know this is an easy thing to say in response on an online review, but we'll take to heart these criticisms and use them to help us build a checklist of things we can address and improve. You have good points regarding the convenience and clarity of our housekeeping communication. We know we have faced some engineering challenges with the historic buildings, but we certainly don't expect out guests to tolerate a lot of industrial noise. We are, however, limited by these same historical requirements as to reinforcing our windows against street noise. That said, any experience addressing these concerns with our staff should be pleasant and easy, and we'll address the failings you've mentioned. We're glad your food experience overall was good, noting also your criticism of the potatoes and the coffee availability. Finally, as to the casino, our table games hours are indeed dictated by volume a bit, but we hope you will understand when we state that one night's run of luck is not enough to brand the tightness or looseness of our slot floor. We hope you'll give your luck here another try, and ask to speak to a casino host for your next visit so we can arrange a room situated away from the noise sources you've mentioned. But if not, we still thank you for your honest perceptions.