“Great place for lunch/dinner in Carbondale!”
Review of White House Pizza

White House Pizza
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Carbondale
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Description: BAR OPEN until Midnight Friday & Saturday! Trip Advisor Award of Exellence! 10X Winner Best Carbondale Restuarant! Pizza Snobs and Beer Geeks Rejoice!
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

White House Pizza is a great place to go eat! There's pizza of course (and my favorite custom pizza is cheese pizza with garlic glaze (no marinara sauce) but there are other food options as well. It's a favorite place for the locals. You can eat outside on the deck and while waiting for your food, you and your friends or children can play the bean bag toss game. Often there's live music. There's a casual bar too. The decorations on the wall are unique ranging from old records to signatures from famous people to other eclectic items. One of the most interesting things about White House pizza is the artwork people have done on pizza boxes (though I think they have recently taken those off the wall and display only a few at a time now that have holiday themes). I usually eat there with my family once/twice a month. Sometimes more. It's a popular place and well worth the wait if there is one.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I'll start with, I have never made a review like this before but we were so poorly treated I felt it was necessary!

My wife and I like local pizza places and we found White House. We stopped there for lunch yesterday and it was a very nice day, the food was great, and our server Emily was very nice. This was a win for us and we thought "what a great place to watch football tomorrow" so we went back this morning to watch the Patriots. Wow, what a mistake and here is what drives my rating.

As we walked in they asked what game we wanted and I said Patriots. The Bartender said "well, it's only on this tv here." It was a small one in the corner. We asked to sit in the only table available from which we could see the game. It was too far and I considered leaving but thought we liked it so much the day before and it's a small place so it will be fine. Well there was a tv above our table with a different game. It didn't appear as if anyone was watching it and it was barely visible from almost the entire bar so I asked the bartender if they could change the channel so we could watch the Pats a little better. He said he would change it and as he went behind the bar yelled "Go Browns". No big deal right, good natured ribbing against my team so I ignored it. Boy was I wrong, it was the beginning of a half dozen or so passive aggressive comments from the bartender and the local crowd at the bar. After about 20-30 min I had enough and asked for the manager. During that discussion I received more flak from the crowd at the bar and I got irate. The Manager was apologetic but I had enough and I decided we were leaving. I immediately cancelled our order and said I would pay for our salads. As we walked out I said to everyone. Thanks for making us feel welcome.

The fact that the bartender aggravated the entire ordeal was the worst part. His behavior encouraged the continued comments from the locals. Hey, I get it, it's their bar. If it was a problem to change the channel he should have said so and we would have found another place saving us all the ridiculous behavior and comments.

We are just average people wanting to watch our game. I wasn't asking for special treatment or acting as if I was privileged or special I just wanted to watch the game. It's too bad really we had a very nice lunch there the day before. I hope this is not how the owners want their employees to treat their customers.

1  Thank Peter F
TeamWHP, Manager at White House Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great time. Even though the Bartender is a Browns fan he handled the situation poorly and has been taught how to handle this situation if it ever happens again. Thank you for your feedback I will use it as a learning tool so that it does not happen again.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Two years ago I went with my golfing buddies and wrote a mildly negative review. The attitude seemed to be, "this is our pizza and people like it so you should too." The manager wrote me back and said they could make thin crust pizza if I asked for it. Two years later and the menu offers; thin crust, whole wheat, gluten free, and the usual. Now that's responding to customers. We got a 15" pizza to split with 3 hungry people and it was just right. Good service and nice deck.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We were driving through Carbondale looking for somewhere to stop and eat not really knowing what we wanted to eat. We were lucky enough to stop on a night that had a all you could eat pasta marinara. The pasta was great and the serving size was one that only one bowl was more that enough. The marinara was great, and the atmosphere was even better. Our server made our stop amazing, and we'll definitely be back for dinner when we're back in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

One of the best pizza places in town. Great, easy to find location. Quality food that's unique from other pizza places around town, and the menu provides a wide variety of dishes other than pizza. I enjoy eating here and with a nice area for kids to play with the cornhole games and get their energy out, I highly recommend this place for both families and friends to dine at. Five stars in my eyes.