“Excellent!”

Royal Gorge Route Railroad
Ranked #10 of 18 Tours in Canon City
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: F-7 streamlined locomotives follow a route along the "Grand Canyon of the Arkansas River" and feature Twilight and Dinner trains.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My family and I visited the Royal Gorge Railroad in early November. We booked the late morning tour. We boarded the train based on which compartment you were in. I listened to the reviews on trip advisor and booked the Vista Dome and requested the seating on the side of the train which faced the gorge. The Visa Dome was worth the extra money! The train was barely half full and we spent time outside in the open air car taking lots of gorgeous photos! There was a full lunch menu but we only ordered drinks and deserts. The staff was very friendly and the gentleman in the open air car gave us lots of history about the gorge and even the train. I would highly recommend this trip!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank kiwizoe

Loveland, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Santa Express was lacking charm and organization!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My family which consited of my husband, 2 year old, 8 year old, and myself went on the Santa Express the Friday before Christmas. We were all very disappointed by the trip. It seemed hard to engage my two year old and my eight year old said it was boring and lame. Santa's village was just some small building lit up by lights. The caroling and story telling was done by tired 20 year olds who seemed bored and not into it! For how much we paid I expected something more. I would not waste my money on this in the future.

Visited December 2011
11 Thank Kelly L
Colorado Springs, Colorado
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

What we like to do is to ride the RR first, then drive to Royal Gorge park. It's so neat to see things from both perspectives. The train is so neat, because you can chill out inside or go onto the open air cart and take in the views! It's really neat to see the people rafting down the river too!

1 Thank luvlifeandtravel
Colorado Springs, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Beautiful Views and a Relaxing Journey”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I really love the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. I have done the wine train as well as the standard vista dome train. Both were a relaxing way to spend a few hours. The views are stunning, and the train itself is a fun little journey.

1 Thank law_girl_75
Littleton, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Santa Train was a great experience!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went to the lunch time Santa train. It was well organized and the elves did a wonderful job of entertaining the kids. Santa was "real" and came through and met with each individual child, delivering a bell as a special take away. Lunch was surprisingly good. Not a lot of choices (sandwiches) but they were all good quality and served hot. Photos w/Santa came out good and quickly. Line was long and a bit chaotic for photos, but overall came out fine.

Visited December 2011