All reviewshot poolswhite water raftingtempsmountainscreek
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

For 20$ you can soak in the springs. After dark it is adults only. Many different temp pools and a great view of the mountains and the stars. Just don't stay in the lodges, they really aren't worth it if you just want to soak in a hot spring.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
7  Thank Tyler H
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Some things work some do not. The 5 springs are very nice but today only three were functioning. I was not told this the night before when I called. This is my second visit, 2014 and 2015. Both
times I had difficulties at the payment window. Both times I had a reservation for massages and made myself as clear as crystal. Other than the lodging, this is all the sales associates do! Both times it's confusion plus. I specifically made it as simple as possible today after not forgetting last year.
I do not stay in the lodge and probably never would. This is a funky place and the massages are first class and pools clean. Going back for more massages they are that good.

Stayed: May 2015
3  Thank Fairplaywoman
Reviewed 31 August 2015

The room had a king size bed and was generally an acceptable size room for a motel. Unfortunately when my alarm went off at 5:30 a.m (I planned a hiking trip to Mt. Yale) I could hear several other guests awaken and use the bathroom. The website brags about not needing air conditioning because the windows open up to the fresh air. Well, that's true if you don't mind sacrificing any modicum of security for a little breeze. My room was very warm but I didn't feel comfortable opening the window because a 500 pound man (or bear) could easily fit through the window. There are no amenities except for the hot springs - not even a hair dryer. The showers near the hot springs are sparse to say the least and are outfitted with left over body wash bottles and nothing else. Within 50 feet of my room were: two dumpsters, one porta potty and two small "railroad" type containers. There are hand made signs all over the property telling you what you can't do. They offer a continental breakfast of yogurt, bagels, fruit and coffee. I started to pour some coffee but the pot was so dirty that I didn't even pour a cup. Most importantly I have never been in an environment where I felt less appreciated and less welcome. The hot springs themselves are fine but fairly small compared to others I have been to. The problem is the overall "vibe". I felt like I was just a charge card number and not a "guest". There are several other lodging options in the area and I would recommend you check them out before committing to the Cottonwood Hot Springs where you are treated as an intrusion, not a guest.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank TotalOfFive
hotspringsbv, Owner at Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

we are a small country Inn and a natural hot springs,in the rocky mountains, that has recently experienced a mudslide and a fire that we are still currently recovering from. We have worked really hard to provide as green as possible. We have solar arrays, wind towers, in-floor heat, led lighting, natural soaking areas, all of our bedding and bedding is natural latex and bamboo covers etc. We appreciate our customers, they are the best, however you really can't please everybody.
I agreed we all could improve, however our improvement were slow as a result of the continuous difficulties with the insurance company, which was a nightmare.
It has left us with a difficult situation. We thank everyone for their understanding that really appreciate what has been created here, This has been a 28 year project of hard work and love. Love to all. Cathy manning

Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I chose this spot to relax after a long hike. It was very good but could use a little remodeling to keep up with the amount of tourists it attracts. The hot springs were definitely HOT. A little too small for the amount of people it had utilizing the facility.
We will return when the high tourism season is over.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2015

This inn professes "Our mission is to provide a peaceful and relaxing space for our guests to bring themselves into balance in body, mind, and spirit, and to provide them with a wide range of spa services'. This is so not what it is. We stayed in the hotel/lodge, upon check-in went to room, immediately took the stained comforter off the bed and took it down to housekeeping and told them did not want a replacement. Walls are paper-thin, could hear everything going on in surrounding rooms. First night, was awakened at 2 AM by raucous group (sounded like a frat party going on). The people tramped up and down outside corridor, yelled, played loud music until 4 AM. Obviously could not sleep. I wanted to confront them, but my husband (wisely) said they are drunk, and no telling what would happen with a confrontation. When they finally went to room, it sounded like they were throwing furniture around, and generally being very destructive. Next morning, went to office. Clerk informed us that there was not only no security, but no employees were on site after about 10 pm. Also informed us that here was a phone number on the door, with an emergency number. Would not refund our money, and said we would have to pay for next two nights whether we stayed or not. Decided to try again. Next night, got to sleep, but was awakened again by people walking up and down corridor. Not the party atmosphere, but could hear everything going on in adjoining rooms.
We stayed because were in Buena Vista to watch our grandson compete in kayaking event.
Breakfast wasn't worth eating (so we didn't).
The hot springs were very nice, but again, people in pools were drinking alcohol and were very loud. Not exactly peaceful or relaxing.
Customer service was non-existent, as reported in another review.
Bottom line, do not stay there. If you want to enjoy hot springs, I would advise staying somewhere else and paying daily fee for soaking.

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family