“Noisy Lodge Rooms, Not Great Customer Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Noisy Lodge Rooms, Not Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We received a very gruff greeting because we arrived ten minutes early. Not "Welcome to Cottonwood Hot Springs in and Health Spa. We're glad you decided to stay with us." Shame on us for being early. Our room was not made up while we were there, but they expected us to tip, even leaving a tip envelope in the room for that purpose.

The room was acceptable. We had a king room on the end of the lodge which helped to keep the noise down. The rooms vent directly into the hallway. A man was discussing sensitive personal matters right outside of our room. He may not have known we could hear everyting. The mattress sloped to the center which made sleeping a bit awkward. The cleanliness was acceptable. It wouldn't take much to upgrade the room to very good standards. Painting over mold is never a good thing. The tub faucet leaked. There wasn't a stopper in the sink. The microwave and the fridge were nice to have.

The springs are better than those at Mt Princeton. The rooms at Mt Princeton are better, however. We drove to Buena Vista for meals. We brought a small coffee maker with us as the room didn't have one.

Room Tip: Ask for room 12, if you want a king. No neighbors on one side. Wear earplugs so as to not hear the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ciezie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Well, we didn't even get to stay. I made a reservation for this past Sunday over a month ago. I reserved a double bed in the dorm room. We showed up after a 9 hour hiking day, looking forward to soaking and relaxing. Upon arrival we were told the whole dorm room was rented to a single family. Ummmm, huh!? The clerk look through all of the piles of paperwork only to find that whomever originally took down our reservation neglected to put down the actual date of our stay! After looking at the botched reservation, I noticed that my phone number was written down incorrectly, even IF they would have tried to call, they would have had the wrong number. Wow!

Ok, so the person taking reservations that day was having a crappy day or something, didn't write down a date or my phone number right, at least rectify the situation! Comp us a room some other time, offer us something for our inconvenience. Fortunately we were only a 2 1/2 hour drive from home and not out of state on vacation. On a holiday weekend, there is NO other options available.

I have stayed here many, many times over the past decade, I don't think I will ever be back after this. Sorry Cottonwood Hot Springs, but you lack of customer service, run down rooms, and over charging your customers give you a big thumbs down form me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank amydg33

Travellers are raving about these Buena Vista hotels

Salida, Colorado
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Cottonwood Hotsprings has succeeded in discouraging bringing children to use its hot springs facilities. They have recently raised their rates to $10.00 for children 0-5!! This makes the grand total for a one-hour soak for a family of 4 (2 adults / 2 children under 5) to $50.00!! This is a ridiculous price to pay and, due to some of my experiences in the past, I suspect that this is their way of discouraging families to use their facilities.
Their staff is unfriendly, unprofessional, and I would not recommend you use these hotsprings, especially if you have kids. Mt. Princeton is just down the road and they are much more professional, friendly, and kids under 3 are free!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank August D
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Very disappointed with the condition of the property. We stayed in cabin #3 and while my husband didn't mind the place, I was extremely disappointed with the condition of everything within it. The couch looked like something you'd fine on the side of the road with a "free" sign attached to it. Upon inspecting one of the beds, the mattress pad had stains all over it and holes in the foam topper. I felt like I was sleeping in a taco all night as the bed sagged to the middle. The only thing I liked about this cabin was the private hot spring tub outside. It was clean, the water was hot and it sits right next to the river so the sound of the water rushing is quite nice. The main public hot springs were OK, but I felt like there was a lot of clutter surrounding them. Overall, this place has potential, but it needs an extreme cleaning and facelift. I won't return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Judy0123
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2011

my husband and i got this trip as a gift and we looked forward to going for 2mths. we are black americans and we did not feel welcome at, the springs or in the town. it was absolutely horrible. there are no electronics in the rooms, and the rooms are raged and years old. do not waste your money or time unless you condone this type of behavior.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
8.4 km away
Super 8 Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
#2 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa? Share your experiences!