“So very bad”

Park Meadows Lodge Breckenridge
Reviewed 15 March 2015

This was the only place we could find for a quick 2 night trip to Breckenridge during the peak of the spring break season. I understand now why so many Park Meadows units were available. I'm fine with it being no frills and small. Our room (3D) was clean, with a new bed and new couch. What I did not expect was walls that were so thin that you could hear conversations in adjacent rooms, as though the people were standing in your own room. People walking in the rooms above us sounded like thundering elephants. We could even hear such little things as unzipping of the suitcase and programming the microwave in the room above us. That was fun a 1:30am and 5:30am. It is really over the top how little sound protection this building has from room to room. My husband is a light sleeper while I am not. But neither of us got any sleep last night in this crazy condo. So rather than stay the additional night that we've already paid for, we drove home. If you decide to stay here, beware: you will want to bring earplugs. (P.S. the wireless connection does not work.)

Room Tip: Avoid this entire building. It is very old and the walls and doors are thin.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 85JennF2013

Reviewed 24 November 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed her after snowboarding in Keystone (which is only 30 mins drive away) and on our way to Buena Vista. We got condo 4D.
Check-in is in a separate building and was a simple, easy process with friendly folks. The room itself was everything you can expect for a no-frills type place. Comfortable beds, OK shower, and enough space for the two of us comfortably. They do have a free shuttle to take you onto Main St which was great. Also, they have coupons for a free flight of beers from Breckenridge Brewery.. highly recommend that! It is also walking distance to Main Street which made it great, logistically.
We were probably 1 of two couples staying there the night so the lobby and all was not in use (ie: fireplace not lit) and it made it a bit eery but other than that, it was a great place for our one night stop over. They say they have free wi-fi but the bandwidth is so bad I would not bank on it.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 14 November 2014

... but not quite. A fairly small "condo" with a combined living/dining room (one sofa, one dining table and a nice sized flat-screen TV), a small walk-through kitchen, small bathroom and bedroom. We had a queen bed and one night stand and maybe a couple feet on each side of the bed, plus a dresser and a small closet, half of which was filled with blankets, extra pillows, etc. The room smelled strongly of whatever detergent they use, but open windows helped with that. The thermostat was "low/med/high" instead of temperature (baseboard heat). We both loved the location - right next to the creek and very close to town. The customer service was not to be beat - they called us before our trip to let us know the ski resort was not opening as planned in case we wanted a credit, then the day of arrival around noon called to say the room was ready if we wanted to check in early. The upstairs lobby and hot tubs were closed for whatever reason. If we were skiing I would have probably felt claustrophobic with all the coats and clothing and whatnot. There wasn't much room to put things out of the way. Outside there are cabinets in which to put your skis and poles and perhaps boots. I wouldn't come here again but my husband said he would. (One of us would have to cave.)

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy K
Reviewed 6 October 2014

Booking was fine, we used Hotels.com and the lodge company contacted us immediately. Check in is not at the place, you have to go to the Main St to check in but they called me earlier to say I could get into the room earlier which was great. Location couldn't be better: 2 blocks from town so we walked there with no problems. Condo has a couple of hot tubs but we did not use them. The room 7C has been updated and it had everything you needed. My only complain is that the bed is too soft for my taste but some people may like it. Room is also quite small; for a couple it's ok but if you have more people it will be very tight.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room and overlooking the creek
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

While my stay was not horrible because of customer service. If they do one thing correct it is treat the guest with respect and work with them until they reach a understanding. The biggest complaints I have are with the rooms. They are slightly outdated and 1B looked like some one just left there right before I moved my stuff in for the night. As soon as stuff became noticeable we immediately called the office and got our room changed although inconvenient it was a much better solution than I thought they were going to give. The mattresses are a little stiff for me but at least the bed was clean. Customer service was great now if they can make the place match the attitudes of the employees it would be an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breckenridge
11.3 km away
0.3 km away
Tyra Lookout Condominiums
Tyra Lookout Condominiums
#44 of 68 in Breckenridge

Been to Park Meadows Lodge Breckenridge? Share your experiences!