1,115 results
All reviews turn down service beautiful hotel bath salts mountain view soaking tub luxury hotel flat iron four seasons great amenities hotel lobby business meeting downtown boulder long weekend the location is perfect the pearl cookies jules
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Expensive room service and failed to deliver the promised newspaper to our room daily. Parking is pricey and added to the overall cost nightly. House keeping did an amazing job and were prompt at getting the job done. Overall, a super nice hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Marthaa272,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I’d like to thank you for choosing to spend your girls weekend with us, and I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us overall. I’m sorry to hear the expected newspaper wasn’t delivered to your room; I do hope you alerted our front desk staff so they could make sure it was delivered on subsequent days, and if still desired, provide you with a copy of that day's newspaper.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I stayed at the hotel for a business trip in Louisville. It was worth the 15 minute drive. I had a corporate rate room but scored an upgrade with mountain view for a smallish extra charge. It was so worth it. I stayed 4 nights. The cost of this hotel compared to the room amenities is worth the price compared to any similar accommodations on the west coast. The busy street corner didn't bother me. The view is fantastic. I can not complain about anything with the room. I can't wait to return with the hubby for a long weekend. I'm a lap swimmer which is one big reason I stayed here. I knew the pool was short. Issue is you can't swim laps during day as hotel guests are enjoying it. I woke up one morning and had pool to myself. But it was 5am. I mention the time as you can't access fitness area until 6am but front desk offered to let me in. I didn't even have to ask. They saw my attire and knew what I wanted. So cool. Skip pearl street. Weird people there. We all have the same stores in our home towns. Don't need to see people on drugs and beggars. Boulder is beautiful with CU and proximity to Rockies although I did not enjoy as being solo business. Oh..one tip. I would not get room with the outdoor patios with lounge chairs. I suspect these are the suites. The patios are not private. You can see, watch, and socialize with your suite neighbors. I saw it happen to a couple trying to have a quiet romantic dinner. They recommend valet parking for $20. Only other option is the public parking garage which they say can cost more. Valet was worth it. My car was always waiting for me. Will for sure be back!

Room Tip: Mountain view for sure! Otherwise, what is the point?
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear glass_half_full10,

Thank you for staying with us while traveling on business, and for writing such a detailed review of your recent stay at St Julien. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience while in our care and that you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool. I do hope you’ll make it back with your husband to enjoy a long weekend away!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I live in Boulder and work adjacent to the St. Julien, but have no professional affiliation with it, as I work for the City of Boulder. I went there one Sunday to take advantage of the spa. I'm a trained massage therapist, and both knew and had definite ideas about what to expect. The moment I entered the men's locker room I was pampered, accompanied by a very polite attendant, shown a locker, shown where the towels and robes were, conducted to the sauna and advised on how to use it--hadn't been in one in a long time--and then left happily to my own devices, with plenty of ice water left out to drink. Swam a bit in the pool and used the whirlpool briefly. The massage was fine,pressure not quite as deep as I prefer, but certainly competently applied by a very courteous massage therapist, who brought me water after the session was concluded and escorted me back to the waiting room. Not entirely sure I'll go back--Boulder has a lot of good massage therapists, of which I know a few--but I'd highly recommend it for someone staying at the hotel wanting to be pampered a bit.

Stayed: July 2016

Dear pfl1953,

I aprecciate you taking the time to write a review; we always aprecciate when locals (and our neighbors!) stop in to enjoy our amenities. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed a leisurly time at our Spa at St Julien and were able to take advantage of our spa amenities including the sauna, pool and whirlpool - in addition to a treatment. We hope you’ll consider visiting the spa again, or possibly stopping in to enjoy happy hour at T-Zero lounge.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Having never been to Colorado, but heard great things about Boulder we recently spent 7 days in this amazing state. Without hesitation I would and will strongly recommend the St. Julien for your stay. Amy at the front desk, Lori at the concierge desk, and the entire staff at the front door could not have been more cordial and welcoming to this fine hotel.
The St. Julien is one of the best centrally located hotels we have stayed at. You walk out the front door, and you have it all in a 2 minute walk. Food, brew pubs, shops, coffee, and much more all on Pearl St and Walnut St. After a day hiking in the Rocky Mountains (50 minutes away), and coming back to the St. Julien to sit read the daily newspaper with a beverage was perfect after a great day outdoors. We were so busy outdoors we did not indulge in the Spa, but saw many who did. Recommend YES, go back ABSOLUTELY!! Thank you ST. Julien. Fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear George P,

I am so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time while staying at St Julien Hotel & Spa; many thanks for detailing your experience in this review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy Colorado’s beautiful outdoors, as well as our convenient location and helpful staff, while staying with us. Also, I am very happy you took advantage of our purified water station; we employ a dedicated green team to ensure we are incorporating green initiatives wherever possible, and the water station is one of their recent property additions. We hope to see you the next time your travels take you to Boulder.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

St julien was a wonderful choice. Centrally located. Beautiful room with great views of the mountains. Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy access to local hiking and Pearl Street shopping. great happy hour with live music in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear uscppdr,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your first visit to Boulder! I am pleased you and your significant other enjoyed a gustroom with views of the beautiful Flatirons while staying with us. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in Boulder!