“Could Have Been a 5”

Carelli's of Boulder
Reserve with OpenTable
Carelli's of Boulder is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 611 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The Italian food was a 5. The service was a 3. Thought it was a hostess trying to seat us and having a difficult time because I understood from her mumblings someone had messed up. But that wasn’t the case. After waiting on her for 5 minutes she took us to a table and became our waitress. I expected a full house with all the mumbling and work she was doing on the seating arrangement but there were 7 empty tables I could clearly see and bar seating available too. We had the calamari appetizer. Very good and salty. We ordered salads for lunch, kale and apple and spinach. Had to ask for the accompanying garlic bread 3 times and refills for our tea and water. We were nearly done with our salads when the bread got
there. If I had the name of the waitress, I’d mention it here to warn you away from her area. My lunch guest eats here often and said the service is usually better than we experienced and the food is always excellent.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We were celebrating graduation and the owner graciously accommodated our group. Our service was excellent. we started with mussell's, the salad's were fresh and the pasta was SO yummy!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Friends and I ate at this restaurant and were so impressed with the service as well as the food. I enjoyed the shrimp scampi over angel hair instead of fettuccine; friends enjoyed the chicken piccata. For dessert, we could not resist the creme brûlée. The calories were worth it. The restaurant was family friendly.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I researched Italian places and the menu looked the best to me. I was apprehensive since the reviews weren’t great. I got veal scallopini and it had 2 pounds of egg noodles, an interesting pasta for this dish, and 2 ounces of veal. Luckily I’m dieting so the portion of meat was okay but I didn’t eat many of the noodles. I could have fed a family of 4 with them. The rest of the party got seafood dishes which they enjoyed. My husbands dish had enough risotto to feed a family. I understand what they are doing but if I wanted noodles I would have ordered spaghetti. Taste was good but poor presentation and the least amount of veal I have ever received.

1  Thank sunnykay
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Carelli’s is an excellent Italian restaurant in Boulder. From the appetizers, fried mozzarella and bruschetta, to the main courses, shrimp scampi and salmon margherita, the food was delicious. It was quite busy on a Friday night so make reservations. Great for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018