“A Bold Kitchen in Boulder!”
Review of The Kitchen

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th Street
Description: The Kitchen carefully sources quality, fresh, ingredients from farms and purveyors our team has a direct relationship with both locally and nationally. The preparations are simple, clean, and focused. The menu features seasonal offerings that are crafted by our talented culinary team. The Kitchen features various signature items such as hand cut Garlic Fries, Tomato Soup, Mussels and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We enjoyed two meals in this restaurant during our visit to Boulder. On our first visit, we came for dinner and for our starters, we enjoyed tuna ceviche made with granny smith apple and serrano, cilantro, coconut lime vinaigrette; and the Gulf shrimp hushpuppies, made from cornmeal and hot pepper honey; and we each had the barbequed black cod, served with creamed sweet corn molasses-soy vinaigrette and basil for our main courses. The beans and the carrots were great sides. For dessert, we had the toffee pudding and the summer berry fool. To accompany this, we had a Saint Michael-Eppan “Anger” 2015 Pinot Grigio from Alto Adige. On our second visit, we came for lunch and we enjoyed the char-grilled Shawarma steak with koberestein tri-tip, toasted bulgur romaine, fetta, dry-cured black olives, pine nuts and yoghurt and a roasted mushroom sandwich of hazeldel mushrooms, braised greens, gruyere and garlic aioli that was served with a simple green salad and French fries. The service was great on both occasions and the location of the restaurant in the Pearl Street Mall very convenient.

KennethFreeman, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Houlihan2,
WOW! I'm so impressed by your rundown of your meals. Thank you for your attention to our food as well as for taking the time to offer up your experience. I appreciate you, and I hope that you come visit us again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here which was really tasty but I feel it would have been better for dinner. It’s quite classy and we’d gone there straight after a hike. It wasn’t a problem and the staff were brilliant and no one seemed to mind we were in shorts and hiking boots but I feel I would have like to go have a few drinks and dinner next time.
The food was delicious and service good too so with a visit

KennethFreeman, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Jo P,

I'm so glad that we got to take care of you for lunch. I hope you come again as we would love to show you how we do dinner and drinks.

Thank you for the kind review.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Drinks were tasty. Husband had a craft beer and I had the rose cocktail, which was fun and different. The bread served was nice. However, our entrees were disappointing. Husband had the burger- ordered medium but was well done. I had the salmon salad, and it was average. We were disappointed after reading the great reviews. On another note, we were jammed between two other tables and it was uncomfortable due to the close proximity.

KennethFreeman, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I feel disappointed that we didn't nail it for you.
Know that I'll be circling back with my team regarding making sure temps are perfect. I'll also be checking out the Salmon Salad and seeing what we can do to make it pop.

Appreciate you, and I hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Food was very good, especially the salmon (superb) and the pasta Bolognese. Service pleasant but somewhat inefficient, as our waiter would disappear from time to time. Very good desserts. Well worth a visit.

KennethFreeman, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Oberst06,

Thank you for the review and the 4 star! I love both the Salmon and the Bolognese. Delicious. I hope to see you again when next you're around.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Started with a dozen oysters from Maine. Pork chop, Salmon, black cod , wood roasted half chicken. Great drinks. Carolyn provided great service.

1  Thank Andrew K
KennethFreeman, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Andrew,

Awesome. Thank you so much for the great review and feedback as well as taking the time.
I'll make sure Carolyn gets kudos for her service.
I hope to see you again in our restaurant.

Best,
Ken

Been to The Kitchen? Share your experiences!