“Good Beers”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 28 September 2017

It's hard not to love everything in Boulder. The people are awesome, the weather and sunshine is great and it's Colorado! That said, it was a bit jam packed at the bar and all tables were taken up as well. This is more of a restaurant first with their own brews second in my opinion. Personally, I like to be able to relax and enjoy some brews rather than stand squeezed among people while servers run around between us. Not a negative, just not what I thought was going to go down.

They do allow you to taste all of their beers for free, there are quite a few to choose from and they are quite good. Service was great and we had a good time. Would just probably return when it's not so crowded. We also had cheese fries, which were bomb. And it's CASH only!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Regular brewery set up. Nice decor.
Good beer selection. The one we picked were very good.
However, the fries were terrible and they didn't have other good vegun options

Reviewed 21 September 2017

In amongst lots of expensive spots on Pearl Street, the burgers at Mountain Sun were amazing value. Definitely some of the better burgers around, and you get a free sample of any of their beers. Other menu options looked good, too. Busy and bustling inside, it could be a bit noisy, but there’s a few spots outside if you’re lucky enough to snag one. Be prepared, though, it’s cash only.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I came here with a few friends and had a great time. They have community service so you will talk to whatever server is available which can be kind of confusing for out of towners but I respect and like it. The beer was pretty good and was able to find some beers for my friends that weren't beer drinkers at all. I really liked the food, the burgers we're obviously local beef and you can taste it. They have a good menu too with a real original variance of burger types. I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This place was tremendous! I was totally impressed at the level of service at the back bar while we waited for our table. And the french fries while we waited were special. Every staff member was busy. Asking for orders, serving, pouring beer samples and pints. It was orchestrated madness, but it worked. When we got seated, we started to learn why. We learned very quickly that every staff member is cross trained for every job in the restaurant.
Our server explained that although she was taking our order, someone else might serve it. If we needed something, we were instructed to ask anyone on the staff. Didn't matter who. She went on to explain that tomorrow, she might even be cooking orders or cleaning the restaurant.
The server explained to us that the restaurant didn't take credit cards. Although I could live with that, I asked some questions. What happens if I don't have a credit card? She told me that there is an ATM in the back, and there is only a $1 ATM fee. When was the last time an ATM charged less than $3 for a transaction?
Being the smart aleck that I am, I asked what happens is a customer doesn't have cash or an ATM card. That's when the magic happened! Our server explained that the restaurant would provide a customer with a "karma envelope". The cost of the check could be sent in the mail! You could have a meal and drinks and then pay by sending a payment in the mail. Stunning!
On top of everything - the food was great too!.
Just because of the way these people do business, it's worth the stop. On top of that, the drinks and the food were great. I hope you're not disappointed.