“Delicious!!!”

Mountain Mocha Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Quiet coffee shop in the middle of a big casino town. Only non-casino place to eat in Black Hawk. Free wi-fi. Breakfast, lunch, espresso. Coffee roaster and tea shop.
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area for an anniversary trip. We stopped here for brunch and were amazed. The staff was so friendly and the mountain mocha was beyond delicious. I’m still craving it a month later. The breakfast burrito I created was superb and the green chili sauce was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this adorable and comfortable cafe!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Still serving Mountain Mochas popular coffee drinks, the new Buffawhale Cafe also serves up delicious ingredients in their egg and sandwich dishes. I chose “build your own” with gluten free bread, eggs, pulled pork, onions (which were grilled because there was not a line of people waiting), spinach, avocado, salsa, and more. Yum!

I was gifted with a small side of green chile. Delicious!

My husband was happy with his cheese bagel and coffee. We enjoyed eating at their one outside table. (Nice small dining space inside too)

Friendly, accommodating service and good food prepared fresh. Add a cup of Joe and it’s a great way to start the day.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Well the local coffee shop sales to new owners and they decided to increase prices on the entire menu right away. More than 40% in most cases. No longer local owners. So dissapointed. No new items, let's just incrase prices. Yes, they can do what they want, but I will not support anymore. I use to spend more than $50 week there.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Just what we wanted—local coffee shop in the mountains. Thanks to Jeremy for the conversation and service. Loved the Mocha!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I'd read such good things about this place that we went out of our way to have breakfast here.

The food was disappointing - tasteless waffle with margarine and cold syrup. Heating the syrup and offering real butter would have made all the difference in the world.

The Wiscuits and chorizo gravy wasn't pretty, but my companion said it tasted okay.

The star here is the coffee - that alone increases my review from average to very good. It was so good that we returned the next day...just for coffee.