“Very good wings and pizza”

Waypost Deli - Ameristar
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Black Hawk
Cuisines: American
Description: Menu: http://www.ameristar.com/Files/BH_Waypost_Deli_Menu.pdf
Description: Menu: http://www.ameristar.com/Files/BH_Waypost_Deli_Menu.pdf
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

While staying at Ameristar, hubby and I wanted a quick bite to eat so we went to The Waypost Deli for some wings and pizza. Both were quite delicious and fair priced for the portion sizes. I did not care so much for the way the food is served [order food, sit & wait, listen for your name to be yelled out, fight through the cluster of other people waiting for food], but I guess that plan was the best Ameristar could come up with given the space they're working in. It wasn't terrible, just confusing. Personally, I'd reset that space t make the flow a bit more fluid and less congested, but that's just me. My husband said it wasn't a big deal and he didn't mind. But the food was outstanding... very fresh and very flavorful.

Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us recently. Thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stopped over this deil for mid day food excellent and they have the best chicken soup... had seconds and even another the next day

Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thanks for your review, and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The Waypost Deli was a faster, cheaper alternative to the buffet and higher priced restaurant. Service was friendly, food was good and fairly priced. Complimentary soft drinks and coffee. A quick stop for dinner before hitting the tables

Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for your review, Thomas. Glad you enjoyed your experience, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Went to get late night meal after an evening at the machines. Burger and fries for me and taco sampler for my wife. Out of part of the taco fillings. Had multiple people get served their food in front of me. Wife's tacos sat and got cold while my burger was made. Burger was burnt and horrible. I'm a diabetic and needed food so rather than wait another 25 minutes, I ate what I required to be okay. My wife said hers was horrible. 2 bites and done. Talked to manager the next day. Said he would speak to the staff. Somehow I got the feeling that I was being more a burden for complaining than him taking me seriously. I know it was busy, but the quality of food was horrible.

Stephanie D, Guest Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Good afternoon - Thank you for your recent review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, but we're concerned to see you didn't have a 5-star experience with us. We have passed your comments regarding the service and along to our leadership team. We hope to see you again soon for an improved experience. Kind Regards, Waypost Deli & Ameristar Black Hawk.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered the mushroom pizza on Wednesday or Thursday night. As I watched the guy make it each time he had to reach for toppings or put it on the pizza he would sigh and stretch his back and neck like he was dying. It was pretty ridiculous. I was the only person he was making a pizza for it wasn't like he had one pizza after another to make. He left about 2 inches around the edges without sauce and mushrooms besides the fact that there was only about 10 pieces of mushroom on the whole thing. I really felt like I was interrupting his counter leaning. With all that said when I actually got bites of sauce and mushrooms it was delicious! The crust was chewy but crunchy too. I would definitely order it again and probably tell them to make sure things are spread out.

Good afternoon - Thank you for choosing to stay and play with us at Ameristar. We're glad you enjoyed the pizza. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the service, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.