“Tired server”

Waypost Deli - Ameristar
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Black Hawk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered the mushroom pizza on Wednesday or Thursday night. As I watched the guy make it each time he had to reach for toppings or put it on the pizza he would sigh and stretch his back and neck like he was dying. It was pretty ridiculous. I was the only person he was making a pizza for it wasn't like he had one pizza after another to make. He left about 2 inches around the edges without sauce and mushrooms besides the fact that there was only about 10 pieces of mushroom on the whole thing. I really felt like I was interrupting his counter leaning. With all that said when I actually got bites of sauce and mushrooms it was delicious! The crust was chewy but crunchy too. I would definitely order it again and probably tell them to make sure things are spread out.

Stephanie D, Guest Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Good afternoon - Thank you for choosing to stay and play with us at Ameristar. We're glad you enjoyed the pizza. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the service, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in their to eat. I wanted a hamburger and a bowl of soup. They said they couldn't do that. That I HAD to have French fries with the hamburger; it was their policy. I did not want french fries, soup and a hamburger.. so I settled with just having the soup. I left there starving. There was barely any soup in the bowl. Is it really that difficult to make a hamburger alone.....without fries???? I could not believe I could not have just a burger with soup. Most ridiculous policy I have ever encountered before. Needless to say we will not eat there again.

Stephanie D, Guest Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Good afternoon - Thank you for your recent review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, but we're concerned to see you didn't have a 5-star experience with us. We have passed your comments regarding your experiene and the dining options along to our leadership team. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Definately try the green chili. We are from south Texas and fell in love with this stuffIt is served as a soup and a side but goes great with everything they serve. The Italian andwich is the BOMB, as well as the brick oven pizzas. Breakfast burritos are kickin.

Stephanie D, Guest Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Good afternoon - Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Waypost Deli. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the delicious green chili and Italian sandwich! We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Great place to eat and play! Buffet lines are very long Sat evenings between 5:30 and 9:30 pm so plan accordingly.

Good afternoon - Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Waypost Deli. We're thrilled to see you had an enjoyable dining experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Tons of meat, just right amount of vinegar ans oil, gooey melted cheese on soft toasted roll capped off with some fresh veggies. I woukd definitely buy this sandwich again. Justin thw server made this sandwich look like a work of art.

Stephanie D, Guest Relations Manager at Waypost Deli - Ameristar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Good afternoon - Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Waypost Deli. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Italian sandwich. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Ameristar Black Hawk.