“Bedrock General Store”
Review of Bedrock Store

Bedrock Store
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bedrock
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The self proclaimed care takers of the Bedrock General Store are the nicest people you could ever meet. They know their history on the location and can quote the scene from Thelma and Louise that was filmed there. Store is well stocked with anything you could need while adventuring out in the middle of nowhere. They've got new harnesses and leashes for your dog, a wide variety of ice cold drinks, artwork and jewelry by local artists, all camping essentials, and conversations about anything and everything. Hands down the most authentic General Store. Definitely worth a stop and you hang out on the porch where they have misters to help cool you down in the hot weather.

3  Thank Gabrielle O

Reviewed 22 May 2017

When I have travelled past here before it was always closed and I think its been like that for years and years.. But good news its open again and they have a petrol pump. Great place to stop in the middle of nowhere

2  Thank HarleyMatt
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Travelling as a group of photographers with local guides we stopped at the bedrock store that featured in the road trip film Thelma and Louise.
It was closed, but then a larger than life character arrived in a pickup and let us in to look around. An artist from Brooklyn, he had bought the store and was keeping it largely as the original. He was great fun, welcomed us all and regailed us with stories. I will never forget this. What I did forget was his name☹️ Thank you friend.

5  Thank markinutah
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We just drove by and it's open. It is real history from the west! Located in an amazingly beautiful valley.

4  Thank Kristin G
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had just left Moab in Utah and was riding solo on my Harley on a big trip around the US for the 100th Harley Davidson anniversary in 2003. Having left my riding buddies who were heading on to Flagstaff I took a turn into Colorado just because it was there ! Best left turn I ever made. Stumbling upon The Bedrock Store was like riding on to an old western movie set. I couldn't believe it when I pushed the door and it opened and the old guy rockin on his chair said 'come on in, have a coffee' which he poured me from the old stove in the middle of the floor. I said is this a real store and if so what do you do for customers out here in the middle of nowhere. 'Oh a couple of Indians come by for supplies and folks like you who just discover us while going nowhere slow' . . . . . He showed me his Thelma & Louise photos and I phoned home from the very same call box outside on the wooden porch.. Hope the place opens again, I see it closed in 2011. . . . .so go and discover it for yourself, it's a great space from another time. Plastic Sam Swansea. Wales U.K.

8  Thank StargazerCowboys

Been to Bedrock Store? Share your experiences!