All reviewsthe grouse mountain grillboot warmerscoffee servicerock resortshuttle servicestrawberry liftchocolate chip cookiesevery morningturn down servicemini fridgeski geara wonderful staylittle thingsrooms are niceski areafree shuttleski valet
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here the first week of January (but after New Years). I was a little worried as some of the photos show dated rooms, so i was very pleased when we had an updated room on the 3rd floor. Bathroom was stone and has pine cone touches throughout. We had a view down towards the valley that was very nice after our only night of snow. The snow was terrible, so this was a stretch to being “ski in ski out” but it was so able. Hot tub is very nice (rock formation) but crowded and people do not obey the age restrictions. The restaurant is amazing, but too pricey to eat at more than one night. Overall, we enjoyed!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear LHudson16,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Pines Lodge. We pride ourselves on being a very quiet boutique hotel and I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and the amazing views of Beaver Creek. Thank you for the feedback regarding the experience you encountered at the hot tub, we will certainly monitor this more closely so that this doesn't happen moving forward.

Comments from our guests are an invaluable tool we use to make sure we are providing superior service and surpassing guest expectations in order to truly provide the experience of a lifetime.

We appreciate your business and thank you for your recent stay! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

If you want to stay in the village this is the best value for money. No complaints at all. Onsite restaurant is not cheap but the food and cocktails are great. We had friends staying in Avon and Edwards and this was much better.

Stayed: December 2017
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear Duncan B,

I am so glad that you enjoyed The Pines Lodge for your recent visit to Beaver Creek! Great to hear you loved our property and all the great amenities we offer through the hotel. The Grouse Mountain Grill Restaurant – # 1 out of 61 restaurants in Beaver Creek on Trip Advisor - is a very special place and I’m glad you were able to enjoy their wonderful food.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We have been staying at the The Pines annually for decades. We dealt with the fact that the rooms were getting shabby and overall services declining - had to time the limited amenities just right or you missed out. I just spoke with reservations about an issue and quite frankly could not believe the lack of interest in even being nice. There are better choices available.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cjay50
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Cjay50,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at The Pines Lodge. Clearly your experience was unacceptable, and for that please accept my sincerest apology.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We just checked out of The Pines Lodge yesterday after a 3 night stay (Jan 5th - 8th 2018, Friday to Monday). I'm thinking this might be a nice place to stay if you don't book it through Groupon. We paid $1,000 total for 3 nights (including all fees and taxes). It was obvious we got the "Groupon room" it didn't look like the standard hotel room in the pictures. It was much smaller and we were not on the view side of the building. Our hotel room was so small that if someone was sitting at the chair at the desk the other person could not walk past them - we had to crawl over the bed to get across the room. Needless to say, I ended up having to do that many times over the past 3 days (it was totally crazy). I think this is a ski in/ski out hotel and we did bring our skis but, were told by several locals (and non-locals) that the skiing conditions were terrible at Beaver Creek so, we never skied there. Instead we drove to Keystone each day - the higher elevation provided better snow conditions (it's colder up there). It's been very warm in Beaver Creek every day for a long period of time now with freezing temps at night so, it's all ice at Beaver Creek and not all the chair lifts are even open yet for the season. I guess this review tells the story of why The Pines Lodge is offering hotel rooms through Groupon. We are huge fans of Beaver Creek and stay there often (about 5 times per ski season - we have Epic Passes). So, we will be back out there many more times but, we'll skip The Pines Lodge and go back to The Westin instead. If you do stay at The Pines Lodge make sure you do not get room #323!!!!! We get much better treatment at The Westin (and the Sheraton Villas) in Beaver Creek since we are SPG gold members.

Room Tip: Do not accept room #323 if they try to give it to you at check in.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joy C
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear joycondon,

While we are unable to change the events of your stay, I am hopeful that you will allow us the opportunity to renew your faith is us and revisit The Pines Lodge. I would like to personally ensure that you enjoy the best rates available and any upgrades that I can offer. Please contact my office directly to book your reservation or if I may offer any other assistance.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at The Pines Lodge for 4 nights before Christmas. Beaver Creek Resort was not yet crowded and overrun for the holidays. Our room was very nice and we enjoyed the newspaper and coffee in the morning along with cookies in the afternoon. We did not have a chance to eat at the hotel but did enjoy the bar area. The Lodge is a 5 minute walk through a snowy path to the center of the village. We also used the free shuttle. The hotel is in a very convenient location. And can be used to ski in and out. We had a very pretty view of the mountain from our room - the whole side was a wall of windows. Staff was very nice and accommodating. I would stay again! Thanks for a great pre-holiday vacation!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine G

Dear Christine G,

Thank you so much for writing your review from your most recent stay with us at The Pines Lodge, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the newspapers and coffee that we provide to all guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff as well, I will certainly be sure to pass this on to them.

Comments from our guests are an invaluable tool we use to make sure we are providing superior service and surpassing guest expectations in order to truly provide the experience of a lifetime!

We appreciate your business and thank you for your recent stay! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again and next time perhaps we can get you into the Grouse Mountain Grill onsite, it really is a very special experience!