See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I am writing this at 2:45 in the morning after traveling from 11:30 am until 8:00pm to get from Jacksonville, Florida to "Bachelor Gulch Condominiums". I should be (and am) exhausted. Unfortunately, this units bed is the worst bed I have ever attempted to sleep on. There are many pillows, all of the flat old variety, no feather pillows. The mattress has mogul type bumps all over it and very scant bedding linens. It is VERY hard, squeaks when you move, and would be unacceptable in even a college town hotel. There were no extra blankets so we had to ask for some from the property management company. Although with the heating issue, we realized we don't really need them. We have turned the heat completely off and yet it is still 76 degrees in this condo. I live in Florida and it's too hot in here for me! There were three humidifiers in the unit. The first was covered in mold. We had to rent one from the resorts property management for $8 a day. After getting it, we realized another humidifier was cracked and broken so we couldn't use that one either.
We booked our trip through American Express Travel. We have used them many times all with great results. This booking has been very different. We booked a three bedroom (2 king, one twin room). This unit has the aforementioned terrible master bed, the next bedroom I was told has a queen, but it looks more like a full. Again, really not good mattress or linens. This is also not the ski on/ski off property we felt we booked. This unit has adequate bathrooms that appear to be updated. It's strange that the "queen" bedroom has just a small plain bathroom, while the twin room (where children typically sleep) has a master style suite bathroom. I would not book this property again, unless I had very clear pictures of the exact condo I would be staying in. Hopefully, the Beaver Creek resort management company can resolve these issues today. I am usually very diligent in getting exact information on our accommodations, didn't think that was necessary because of Beaver Creek's wonderful reputation. I was mistaken.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed 22 September 2015

The reviews on this site are a tad misleading. They assume that all of Bachelor Gulch properties are managed by "Bachelor Gulch Condos". This is a general location reference - not an actual management company. Be aware that there are at least a dozen management companies with properties within the same buildings!! There are many options for a stay in the Bachelor Gulch area - finding a professionally managed property takes time, but is well worth it. After years of booking with Bachelor Gulch Condos, we finally discovered a boutique property management company that allow us to select SPECIFIC properties to our liking. Our stay included guest access to the Ritz Carlton, as well as daily (complete) maid service, complimentary concierge services and we really felt welcome and taken care of. You will be wise to work with a company that will actually provide exact property photos. Do your homework - not all of these properties are managed by one large conglomerate.

Room Tip: Insist on exact property photos, or find another property manager who also manages at your desired property/location
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank AGPNCO2014
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Before we booked into "Bachelor Gulch Condos" I had read a number of great property reviews for Bachelor Gulch Condos on TripAdvisor. Not one of these reviews mentioned that "Bachelor Gulch Condos" was a Booking Company and not a specific condo project within Bachelor's Gulch. Although the reviews were somewhat generic, from the location descriptions they contained, I thought we would be staying at the base of the mountain near the Ritz. When we received our check-in instructions, much to our surprise, we were staying up on the mountain in Settler's Lodge. So, if you book through Bachelor Gulch Condos, the reviews you read on TripAdvisor may, or may not be relavent to the unit(s) where you will actually be staying.

Regarding Settler's and our unit. Settler's is nicely situated on the mountain; walk across the street to the slopes so, it's easy; but, is not ski-in/ski-out. The unit was large and set up to sleep six in three bedrooms. The kitchen was well furnished and the seating and dining areas were adequate. Interestingly, the TV in the den was about the size of a small to medium size computer screen; and, although the master bedroom had a larger TV, the other two bedrooms had no TV's. The ski locker for the unit was one of the nicest individual unit ski lockers I have seen; however, it could only accommodate equipment for four. The elevator was out of service one of the days we were there which did not really impact us; however, if you had been arriving or departing that day you would have needed to carry your luggage up or down the stairs. Parking is in an enclosed climate controlled garage and large SUV's can be rather easily parked. The hot tub was wonderful with lots of powerful jets and hot water.

Bachelor Gulch Condos management provides fresh towels and trash removal every other day. The staff comes in, empties the trash and exchanges the towels, nothing else. No fresh toiletries, no additional soap, no light cleanup. Our unit appeared clean when we arrived; however, we found some of the shampoos and body wash bottles had been partially used by previous occupants. Also, there were some empty toiletry containers, left in the bathroom cabinets, which should have been thrown out by the cleaning staff prior to our arrival. One day our "replacement" towels were wet and had a strange smell. We called the management office and these were quickly replaced. All of these add up to a bit of a black eye on management and the cleaning service.

In closing, skiing the Beaver Creek/Vail area is never a bad thing. We had fun and enjoyed the World Alpines (our third here) and the issues with Bachelor Gulch Condos and the unit were minor in the overall scope of things. I would; however, ask that reviewers on TripAdvisor identify better what they are reviewing because, as in this case, a review of a Booking Company is not a review of a unit and without clarification is of no use to TripAdvisor readers.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
12  Thank micknorris001
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed only a couple nights. Beautiful room, excellent property condition. The pool and hot tubs were very warm and enjoyable to be in even though the weather was in the 60's and 70's. The Bear Paw staff was great. Beau was fantastic and helped greatly get situated etc. I would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stay Here with my mother and daughter for 4 days in January, perfect place for a family retreat. Perfect for skiing, very close to Beaver Creek and the Ritz Hotel. The condo is perfectly arrange, with nice furniture, the Kitchen is very nice with all you need. For sure will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family