US$147
ComfortInn
Avon Village(Avon)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$188
Borders Lodge(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$194
US$123
Beaver Creek Lodge(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$210
  • Pool
US$246
US$221
US$263
US$224
  • Pool
The Charter at Beaver Creek(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$168
TripAdvisor
1,182 results
All reviewsclub levelbachelor gulchbuffalo barfire pitresidential suitegreat roomoff seasonfour seasonsski valetturn down servicebeautiful propertylounge arealive musicluxury hotelmountain viewworld classthe entire staff
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for a couple of days. Upon entering the room we noticed that it was hot and stuffy. The thermostat was set to 65. I put my hand on the vent and felt the air barely blowing cool air. I turned it down to 60 and went to the front desk to report the issue. They said they’d have the engineer group address it right away. When we returned later that evening, we found a fan in the middle of the room that was now circulating the hot stuffy air.
For the rest of that evening and the next, the elevator serving our wing of the hotel was inoperable causing us to walk to the other end of the building to get up to civilization.
The towels felt like rugs on my skin.
$30 a day for parking.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Katie S, Execuitve Assistan to the General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Josephga1,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. During the weekend of your visit we did have some challenges with our AC and as you know that weekend was exceptionally beautiful and unusually warm for May and this resulted in several guests being inconvenienced with the same issue. For that, I certainly apologize and am pleased to share the challenges we had with our AC have been fixed and everything is back in perfect working order. Regarding our towels I will certainly ask my Housekeeping team to please keep a better eye on all materials going into all rooms to avoid what you encountered.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and staying with us.

Steven Janicek, General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stopped in on a road trip to NM in order to check out the place for future stays. While I love RC properties generally and have enjoyed them around the world, this stay did not make that list. I knew going in that the Club was not operating in the weeks between Ski and summer season, which is one of the things that makes RC special. Still I did not expect that the main restaurant and bar would be closed and the menu in the remaining venue so limited and the service so slow, especially given there were few people in the place. The property is hansom and reminds me of the Lake Tahoe RC (which is a bit newer). The suite I had was nice and in line with expectations for RC ski properties. The caper came when in the morning I called down about checkout time, which was nowhere to be found in materials in the room, and was told it was 11:00 (currently being 10:45). When I asked for an extension to noon I was told that they were not doing late checkout period that day despite the occupancy only being 30% or less. I have never had an interaction with the ladies and gentlemen of Ritz Carlton like this before and I will not be back to this property in the future. I hope this is not a preview of the decline of the brand as it becomes more integrated into the Marriott family.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank pdxworldtravler
Nicolette C, Quality Analyst at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear pdxworldtraveler,
Thank you for staying with us this Spring and very much appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We make every effort to communicate what is open and closed during our Spring and fall seasons and I am sorry you were not aware that WYLD would not be open for dinner service. Regarding your slow service in Buffaloes that simply is not acceptable and I do apologize as there is never an excuse for delays in providing the service you expect when staying at a Ritz Carlton. Your comment regarding not being able to extend your check-out is something I am looking into as when we are quite like we are on occasion in the Spring every effort should be made to accommodate these type of requests.

Steven Janicek
Steven.Janicek@RitzCarlton.com

Reviewed 16 May 2018

From the first moment we arrived and spoke with the friendly valet to the time we checked out, the staff we interacted with were all top-notch. Mackenzie at the front desk was very informative and made check-in a breeze.

The building itself is amazing. The pool is huge. We ate at Buffaloes for dinner; it was great. For breakfast we went to Wyld; plenty good. Our room was very comfortable and had a small terrace/patio where we could sit, relax, and take in the mountain air.

More kudos to their service: on the main deck/patio area the hotel staff had a campfire going with ingredients for s'mores. Everybody could help themselves and make their own s'mores.

When we retrieved our car from valet parking the gentleman there (I believe his name is William) remembered my name without having to look up the tag. Given how many people he must see every few days I found this very impressive.

We don't go to hotels this fancy very often but I'm glad we had the opportunity to go here--it was an incredible experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have a view of the ski hill and patio/pool area
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton on our cross country trip this past year driving my brand new car. When we arrived, the valet took the car and parked it in their garage. When I left several days later after spending my entire time at the hotel using the spa, restaurants and hiking services, I retrieved my car from the valet. Later that day, I noticed that the entire front of my car had large, deep scratches from the top of the hood to the bumper/license plate and a misaligned hood. I contacted the hotel and got a call from an employee who stated that the knew about the incident and had crashed my jaguar in to a wall, but they didn’t tell me about it because they ‘couldn’t find me’- they couldn’t find me when I spent two days at their property (never leaving) and Checked Out at the front desk upon leaving! I asked to speak to their manager which I was promised on multiple occasions, yet never received a call, let alone a formal apology for causing significant damage to my brand new car, trying to cover it up or compensation for the inconvenience of now having to find an auto body place, be without my car for at least a week, etc.

I received a call from the Marriott claims group to fix the car, and told them that I currently had extensive travel planned and was in the process of moving and that when I had time to do the leg work, I’d reach back out to them, which I did several times, now with no reply.

I am deeply disappointed that this is the way that a massive company like the Ritz would treat their customers when they are 100% in the wrong. I have given them ample time to do the right thing before writing this review, but they obviously do not care.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RainbowNYC16
StevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us last year. I have reviewed all the details regarding your claim with both my on property Loss Prevention Leadership as well as our Corporate Claims department and it seems as thou you may not have the correct contact information as they have made efforts to connect with you however never heard back so maybe both parties do not have correct contact information. I suggest you email Marie Chase at marie.chase@marriott.com or call at 972.233.5557 and I am sure she will work with you towards a resolution.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Steven Janicek

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last week for our honeymoon and it was nothing short of amazing! They complimentary upgraded us to a suite when they found out it was our honeymoon and had a card, a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us in our room. Every single staff member we encountered went above and beyond and were some of the most friendly people I’ve ever met. The valet guys, the breakfast waiters and waitresses, the front desk staff, the bartender, everyone was always more than willing to help and give us recommendations on things to do or local restaurants to try out. It was pretty empty due to it being the off season, but it was much more enjoyable that way! There wasn’t one thing about this place we didn’t enjoy, we already miss the friendly staff we got to know over the course of the week. Hopefully we’ll get to return for an anniversary trip sometime! :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple