1,213 results
All reviews club level bachelor gulch buffalo bar fire pit residential suite great room off season four seasons ski valet turn down service lounge area beautiful property live music world class the entire staff mountain view steam room
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton on our cross country trip this past year driving my brand new car. When we arrived, the valet took the car and parked it in their garage. When I left several days later after spending my entire time at the hotel using the spa, restaurants and hiking services, I retrieved my car from the valet. Later that day, I noticed that the entire front of my car had large, deep scratches from the top of the hood to the bumper/license plate and a misaligned hood. I contacted the hotel and got a call from an employee who stated that the knew about the incident and had crashed my jaguar in to a wall, but they didn’t tell me about it because they ‘couldn’t find me’- they couldn’t find me when I spent two days at their property (never leaving) and Checked Out at the front desk upon leaving! I asked to speak to their manager which I was promised on multiple occasions, yet never received a call, let alone a formal apology for causing significant damage to my brand new car, trying to cover it up or compensation for the inconvenience of now having to find an auto body place, be without my car for at least a week, etc.

I received a call from the Marriott claims group to fix the car, and told them that I currently had extensive travel planned and was in the process of moving and that when I had time to do the leg work, I’d reach back out to them, which I did several times, now with no reply.

I am deeply disappointed that this is the way that a massive company like the Ritz would treat their customers when they are 100% in the wrong. I have given them ample time to do the right thing before writing this review, but they obviously do not care.

Date of stay: November 2017
4  Thank RainbowNYC16
StevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us last year. I have reviewed all the details regarding your claim with both my on property Loss Prevention Leadership as well as our Corporate Claims department and it seems as thou you may not have the correct contact information as they have made efforts to connect with you however never heard back so maybe both parties do not have correct contact information. I suggest you email Marie Chase at marie.chase@marriott.com or call at 972.233.5557 and I am sure she will work with you towards a resolution.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Steven Janicek

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last week for our honeymoon and it was nothing short of amazing! They complimentary upgraded us to a suite when they found out it was our honeymoon and had a card, a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us in our room. Every single staff member we encountered went above and beyond and were some of the most friendly people I’ve ever met. The valet guys, the breakfast waiters and waitresses, the front desk staff, the bartender, everyone was always more than willing to help and give us recommendations on things to do or local restaurants to try out. It was pretty empty due to it being the off season, but it was much more enjoyable that way! There wasn’t one thing about this place we didn’t enjoy, we already miss the friendly staff we got to know over the course of the week. Hopefully we’ll get to return for an anniversary trip sometime! :)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We booked the Ritz for my husband's birthday hoping we'd be able to enjoy a single fantastic night's sleep after hiking for most of the day near Glenwood Springs to hanging lake (well worth the hike) when we checked in the guy at the front desk was not rude but he didn't seem very interested in finding any sort of upgrade so we thought ok... I guess we'll be ok with a pretty nice room on the 5th floor, but then when looking for a menu at the buffalo club we happened to run into Steven Janicek, the general manager. My husband explained it was his birthday and while we don't have platinum status, he is a gold member and was hoping for any upgrade. Steven did not disappoint and we were given room 824 with a coupon for 20 percent off good and services. It worked for the hotel also because we probably would have eaten in town and not at the buffalo club without the discount. Food was good, the bathroom was fantastic, marble floors, tub and shower, and it made our whole experience much more enjoyable. Thanks again, Steven.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I fear the consequences of writing this review because I am letting everybody in on our little secret. For the last 2 years, my wife and I visited the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch during the start of shoulder season and each time we've had the best time.

This time (May 3-6) we brought along 2 other couples to celebrate a special occasion. We indulged ourselves with numerous spa treatments, and a pool and hot tub area that was practically our own.

I specifically want to recognize Jackie, MacKenzie, Branden, and Sven for helping us with the flow of the resort. The Spa was amazing. I highly recommend massage therapist Ashley, but the rest of the group had a wide assortment of spa treatments (pedicures, facials, and massages) and they all raved about their treatments as well. If you do the spa, don't forget to do the circuit to rejuvenate yourselves.

Be warned that the Ritz, as well as most other restaurants in around the area, have limited hours during this 6 week window between snow and summer season. It didn't bother us as we found the best of everything. Thanks again RC! We look forward to coming back next May.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

By far our visit this past weekend was made extra amazing by Sven!! To say that he goes above and beyond for his guests is an understatement. I have never encountered anyone in the hospitality industry that is as genuine as he is. He made sure that from the moment we stepped out of our car at the valet we were treated like VIPs and it continued to the moment that we stepped back in the car to head home. He is definitely the reason we will go back to the Ritz in Beaver Creek as frequently as possible.

Thanks for an amazing weekend!!

Date of stay: April 2018