“Mountain Chinese Food”

Ho Palace
Ranked #25 of 39 Restaurants in Basalt
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Ho Palace food is pretty decent - which is a good thing - since it's the only option in Basalt. We do 70% take out and the rest dining in their restaurant. Service is always friendly and attentive while dining in. Take out is always ready when we arrive from 12 minutes away.
My favorite dish is the Shrimp Supreme (no shell).

Reviewed 5 August 2017

we have been coming here for long time and as always food was very good n reasonable price and we always come in big group

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Wondering where to go in Basalt that is tasty and quick but won't break the bank. Go to the Ho Palace.
Family owned, good American style Chinese food.
Order the Pupu platter and the wor wonton soup:-)

1  Thank Rose R
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I have been here multiple times. The food is decent and the
price is moderate. Especially for lunch. The service is definitely not amazing. My last takeout order was incorrect. During the last dine in visit everyone got their food at different times and the bill was wrong.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I stopped in for lunch. I love most Chinese food (Americanized Chinese), and lunch specials are hard to beat. I got the Kung Pao Chicken. My soup was good, but the chicken and my egg roll were terrible. The egg roll had next to nothing inside. It seemed like a little roll of mush fried in a wonton skin. The chicken in my Kung Pao was inedible to me. It was chunks of meat held together by strings of fat. I guess this could be considered authentic. I have been to China and a lot of the asian chicken dishes were chopped with a cleaver so all types of meat and fat where thrown in together as well as a few random bones that made it in the dish...but it is not what I expect in the US. So all I could eat was the rice and soup. On top of that the restaurant was freezing! It was a cold day, but 1/2 the restaurant clientele did not even make it out of their coats.

Been to Ho Palace? Share your experiences!