“Relaxing lunch with our kids”
Review of Tempranillo

Tempranillo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempranillo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Basalt
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Two Rivers Road
Transit: RFTA bus stop from Aspen, Snowmass and Glenwood Springs is located less than 1 block from Tempranillo Restaurant. From the bus stop, follow Midland ave 1 block and Tempranillo Restaurant will be on the right hand side in the big yellow building.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Loved the vibe here with the play set beside the front porch dining area - we had a bunch of dishes and wonderful sangria. Love Luiz - one of the servers- so friendly! Our food was delicious.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This restaurant is located in the historic Colorado Midland Railroad Depot and there is al fresco dining on the patio in summer. I loved the extensive tapas selection and there is something to suit every taste. The menu is a combination of Spanish and Italian and we enjoyed our selections. I always like mussels but this selection of mussels in lemon cream was different and delicious. The wine list is long and if you're not familiar with Spanish wines, the servers are a big help.There's a good choice of call liquors at the bar and they make a good drink here. .

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We love the fresh food and great service at Tempranillo! They have a wonderful atmosphere and a great outdoor patio.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here so many times, I was sure I had reviewed them before. Anytime, I want to celebrate, treat someone to an exceptional meal, I come here.
The waitstaff is excellent. They always remember us and it can be 1 month, or 3, or 6 since seeing them. They are lovely. We used to eat there mire often, but we moved. The seafood tapas are ALL delicious. Get extra bread and spoons to scoop out those sauces. The entrees always spot on. Really, the linguini with clams (Vongole) is great, Paella tasty, Piccata yummy, the specials are always delicate and exciting to the palate. Love the sangria and they have a great wine list. Always end up finding another wine to love (thanks to the knowledgeable wait staff). Always a great experience. I cannot review each dish because I’d just have to list the entire menu and say each one dish is spot on delicious. Just glad I don’t have to go to Aspen, or Snowmass to get high end food.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We spent a lovely July evening on the porch at Tempranillo. In spite of the El Jebel wildfires and a bit of smoke and ash, Javier had his restaurant open and welcoming, We had a large party of 11 but enjoyed great service and wonderful food. It reminded me of travels in Northern Spain, with great Tapas followed by many of us enjoying Paella Valencia. The wine selection is lovely and desserts sublime. It is a quick trip from Aspen and Snowmass and is an excursion to a lovely small town that will please the family.

Been to Tempranillo? Share your experiences!