“Won't go back.”

Add it.
Carrows Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 February 2015 via mobile

There were three in our party and all of us had cold food. Two if us had to remind the server twice that we were missing food items that were listed in the menu. We also had to remind her twice that we needed silverware.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

Carrows offers an almost unbelievable 2 for $20 complete prime rib dinner. And, for the price, the prime rib is quite decent. And the chocolate cake is comes with is probably the biggest piece of cake I've ever seen served -- you won't leave hungry. BTW, the chain also offers very reasonably priced breakfast deals.

The problem we had here was service. It was slow. Our dinner took 1 1/2 hours -- way too long for a diner. By the time we left, folks were waiting quite awhile for a table, because the staff was incapable of clearing empty tables and getting folks seated. Looked like a management issue (although the manager on duty seemed to be hustling more than the waitresses). I've had similar service problems at other chain diners in California, and it can vary from day to day. I think "corporate" needs to keep a better eye on how their restaurants are actually run; the concept is good, but the execution has flaws.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

I ordered a croissant turkey sandwich. The bread was dry to the point of being more like a cracker. My son's mac n cheese was dry and stuck together. His was free, luckily. Not a great dinner experience.

Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

I did not select this restaurant as I have had unpleasant experiences with other locationson the Coast. But my friends had a coupon.... Same indifferent service, same lousy food, same tired decor. Never again.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2014

We decided to kick it up a notch and go out for Prime Rib and Lobster which was advertised in a flyer the came in the mail. We were seated and asked for our drink order. After receiving our iced teas and sodas, came the downfall. They had no lobster and the prime rib would not be ready for a minimum of 30 minutes. This is the 1st time I have ventured into this establishment and needless to say, I will never go back. Do not advertise what you do not have!!!

Date of visit: October 2014