All reviews natural wood lobby and pool area deluxe king room charcuterie french country yogurt within walking distance napa valley hotels offer lox housekeeping staff our entire stay breakfast spread french laundry wine country visit beautifully appointed rooms second floor
Reviewed 22 October 2017

1996. I checked my records and we began coming here nearly every October since 1996. It was truly one of our favorite places to stay anywhere. Sure, there were minor changes over the decades such as decor etc but the atmosphere stayed largely the same. It was family owned and operated. Staff was genuinely friendly. They remembered who you were. They appreciated return guests and showed so with minor but appreciated favors such as rate discounts and small room amenities. And the breakfasts!! Amazing with a variety of cakes, bakery goods, fruit, warm dishes, breakfast burritos, champagne etc.
That has all changed. Sold in Spring of 2016 to large east coast property management corporation. What changes? Big remodeling of the lobby. A once cozy french country style has now been replaced by glass, chrome neutral color patterns. When I first drove up I thought someone had built a new Apple store in Yountville. Yes Apple stores are cool but cold and distinctly out of place with the rest of the inn. Rooms were redone with muted colors and whitewashed walls. Very uninspired. Staff was courteous but cold and removed. Very corporate with matching grey muted stepford wives suits. No one rely cared that we'd been coming for over 20 years. No acknowledgement of patronism. Room we've had last 10 years was "unavailable" despite low occupancy. No "how was your stay?" at check out. And the breakfast. Sad. I've had better at Marriott Residence Inns, seriously. Nothing hot. Limited fruit. Same lochs, bagels, cheese, salami each morning. Champagne replace by water. Sad.
In short I agree with previous reviewer. Really ruined a great quant friendly inviting family owned inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 439grantr
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Grant R,

I certainly agree that you should have been acknowledged as a repeat guest. Please accept our apologies and know that your patronage over the past 20 years is very much appreciated. We are disappointed that your visit did not match the experience of previous stays. I would like to thank you for your feedback, which we will share with our hospitality team in our effort to continually improve our services. We hope we have another opportunity to have you as a guest.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Totally disappointed by resort management who neglected to tell us that the place was going to be under construction the entire time we were there. They still charged their premium price even though many amenities were unavailable. Management CONTINUES to ignore our requests for a price concession. We will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joe F
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Joe F,

Please accept my sincere apology that you were not notified of our renovation project. We did attempt to communicate this to all of our visitors, and I regret that we failed to do so in your case. As I write this I do know that you have been contacted by our management team, and I hope that you may reconsider visiting us in the future. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the newly renovated Vintage House. We had a great time and the hotel was perfect for our needs. We were greeted in our room with a complimentary bottle of wine for our anniversary. The hotel location couldn't be better-- a few steps from Yountville's (and the valley's) best restaurants. You're also only a 10-15 minute drive to some of the best wineries in wine country. Hotel has a continental breakfast every morning that is a pretty decent spread for something included in your rate. Hot oatmeal with all the fixing, eggs (real eggs, not the stuff you usually get at hotels), tons of high quality pastries and bagels, lox, cheese, juices, really good coffee and mimosas.

My biggest complaint was the bed/pillows. I didn't find them too comfortable, but loved the fireplace in the room. Very cozy for those cool nights. We left the morning the wildfires broke out and I was happy to see on facebook the hotel has opened itself up to the area for a place to rest, clean up and use their phones and power. Extra kudos for that. Hope they all stay safe.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Ashley C,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your Yountville weekend and our newly renovated hotel. The wildfires were certainly a traumatic event for us all and we were fortunate to be in a position to provide support for those in need. I am happy to report that the fires have now been contained and the Napa Valley is again open for business and welcoming our visitors back. Thank you for posting your positive review and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the Vintage Inn, which is what is was called prior to the ridiculously poor renovation, for many years. It used to be quaint, fairly priced, with a great breakfast and evening cocktails, in a charming environment. But, they have simply ruined it with the room makeovers which our awful and lacking - you feel like you got the most inappropriate unsellable Restoration Hardware furnishings possible. Are we suppose to be impressive with RH even if they don’t fit the room or style?? I’m not! The bathrooms were improved, I’ll give you that but there are still no towel bars or hooks to hang anything. The once charming lobby is gone, there is zero personalized attention anymore but for the rather strange hoard of bellmen that descend on you the moment you open your car door. They used to take care of their repeat customers with a modest discount demonstrating their appreciation for loyalty - that’s gone! In fact, the front desk doesn’t have a clue if you ever been there before. We’ve stayed two times in the last 6 months and have endured an utter mess in the parking lots and construction mess and tenting all for the attractive price of $595.00 a night during the week and a ridiculous $795.00 a night on the weekends. This place is a joke for those prices. No where near justifying these prices. Did I mention the deterioration of the once fabulous breakfast? Gone is the omelet station, oh, excuse me, you can walk down 3 blocks to the sister property Villagio if you want an omelet - seriously that offer was made to us when we asked what happened to the omelet station. Yes, I’d love to be mid-line breakfast and walk 3 blocks to get an omelet especially at the 5 star prices being charged. The quality of the breakfast offerings have deteriorated. Oh, and try to get a table to sit for breakfast. Chairs outside everywhere, wet from the sprinklers....you’d think they might consider repurposing some of the bell staff to actually set up the breakfast tables and bus them. This is long winded I grant you but don’t go here! They’ve ruined the place and it’s not worth the money. I give it an F. There are lots of other options.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank Becky065
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Becky065,

Thank you for posting your review and we appreciate your comments. While I was surprised by your assessment of our newly renovated rooms and lobby, I do realize individual tastes with regards to decor can vary greatly. We certainly appreciate your patronage and do hope we have another opportunity to have you as a guest once again. Thank you again for your feedback and I will be sure to share it with all appropriate department managers.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Just stayed for four days. Great food and wine across Napa and Sonoma. One of my favorite trips.

Vintage Inn, now Vintage House didn't live up to our previous experience.

First the construction. I was a bit confused when I first saw the ads introducing "Vintage House coming in Late Summer". I looked forward to seeing what was in store.

Nobody told us that "Late Summer" opening had bled into fall. The lobby wasn't read and they were using an onsite conference space for checkin and breakfast. I travel extensively and am used to a quick note preceding my arrival "pardon our ongoing construction...".

Second, our room. Same spacious and well appointed space. Nothing new under Vintage House but same quality I expected. Until... I realized we were right by the highway. Noise all night. And a view of cars and construction. Don't get room 503.

Third, breakfast. Last visit we marveled at the selection including omelet station and chicken and waffles (cool). This time it was "super continental" with the classic pan of scrambled eggs. Nothing hot but the scrambled eggs. Marriott concierge lounges have better selection (except the mimosas). On the second day there was a placard that said "country potatoes". Alas it was put out in error. On the fourth day (Sunday) we arrived to find one person working the buffet and cleaning tables. Couples were waiting to sit while 8 of the tables remained dirty. I felt bad for the employee.
Maybe the limited food and staff was caused by the temporary space but again how about giving us a heads up.

Last, the new lobby. It opened up on our third day. Couldn't figure out where to checkout on Sunday. Beautifully decorated and appointed. Very modern. Surprised it was renamed Vintage House.

Will likely try somewhere new next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gplotkin
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear gplotkin,

We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. We value your patronage as a returning guest and we certainly hope we have another opportunity to have you visit us again. We do appreciate your feedback and will make sure to share your comments with our hospitality team. Thank you for your time and consideration.