“Great bar experience ”
Review of Redd Wood

Redd Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Had a casual last minute dinner at the bar. Had a delicious pasta and salad and wine. All great. Definitely would return

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Visited here in Jan 2018 while on vacation. We were really happy with the food--especially the meatball app and squash ravoli's, however they lost points due to the waiter we had. On the other hand, the hostess and servers who brought out the food were very nice and friendly. I hope they pool tips here b/c everyone deserved a tip besides our actual waiter. If we lived in the area, I'd definitely give it another shot because the food was good. But if you are going to charge that much for the food, then you need to tell your waiters to step up their game and not rely on others to make the guests happy.

1  Thank mikrut10
Reviewed 19 January 2018

This was by far the most disapointing eating experience we had whilst visitng Napa. The hostess was surly, on the brink of being rude. In fact she started sweeping the floor to aleviate her obvious boredom and distain for the few dinning guests. The wait staff tried to clear the table whilst we were still eating, although the restaurant was almost empty. The food was bland.

1  Thank alexandrafionari2017
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I visited this restaurant with my husband and two friends. We had the recommendation from the concierge and he had booked us a table. The hostess, in the almost empty restaurant tried to show us to the table by the door. We asked for a different table and she tried to give us a table right next to the other group in attendance. We finally were allowed to choose a table.

We chose some appetisers to share and they arrived quickly. The server also tried to remove them before we had finished. When we remonstrated that we were not finished the brought our entrees to the table while we were still eating the appetiser, not best practice. My entree was very small. I feel the server should have mentioned that or suggested I have a side with it.

As we were eating our entrees, the surly hostess decided that it would be a good time to sweep the floor. This would perhaps not have been a problem but she used a besom type broom and as she got to the rug closest to us she flicked the broom and whatever was coming from the floor towards us. When we asked another staff member to have her stop, her outrage was obvious and she proceeded to tell every other member of staff how unreasonable we were to no put up with her sweeping grit at us.

I would not have written a bad review had this young lady not gone out of her way to spoil my evening, the food was ok and the other service was also ok I would have gone away, not delighted but satisfied and wouldn't have made a point of telling the concierge that we had had a bad experience. Obviously it cuts both ways and something about four middle aged people annoyed her on site, so much that she showed people reserved from a very nice hotel in town, to the worst table and didn't like it when the politely declined. That's fine but we were the customers and were paying for the experience. If this had happened in my country the tip would have been curtailed, my friends, however live in the U.S. And would not let me do that.

I have heard good things from other travellers about this restaurant but it certainly wasn't my experience.

1  Thank MandyNewZealand
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This is the second year we celebrated our friend's birthday at Redd Wood. Last year we thoroughly enjoyed the pizza with Brussels sprouts so two people ordered it again this year. However, the Brussels sprouts were almost nonexistent or visible. The waitress didn't come check to see if we were enjoying our meal so not until she came and asked about dessert. We declined dessert, however both friends commented about the lack of Brussels sprouts. We did receive a credit for one of the pizzas. I think we should have flagged the waitress down sooner to discuss the problem.

2  Thank Anita H