1,158 results
All reviews hopper creek napa valley four poster bed vaulted ceilings premium king room pool area within walking distance wine country wine tasting beautiful hotel french laundry gas fireplace ad hoc car service hot tub restaurants in the area second floor
Reviewed 7 March 2017

My wife and I were thrilled with our stay at Hotel Yountville. Our room (#307) was beautiful and it is close to everything in Yountville. We had breakfast in the restaurant on our last day at it too was terrific. I have nothing but positive things to say about the hotel and its personnel. It is not cheap but in Napa, that is the way it is.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HY_GM, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of Hotel Yountville! We love to hear that you were able to take advantage of our location in Yountville. I will pass along your compliments to our restaurant staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I think the weather dampened our experience at this hotel. It poured rain the entire time we were there, so we did not experience any of the grounds and fireplace by the lobby. We were running with umbrellas everywhere. Also, the restaurant was flooded and closed. But, the rooms were nice, bed was comfortable, and staff was very nice. Our room was on the second floor and its window looked directly across into another room. Little pricey but most places are in the Napa area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HY_GM, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear sorloff,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay! Sorry to hear that the rain put a damper on your visit. Unfortunately this has been a particularly rainy season for us but we hope to see some sun soon!
Hopefully you give us another try during the spring and summer months so that you can enjoy all that our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We drove up and there were luggage carts but no one came to greet us. After sitting in our car for a bit I went looking for the front desk. There were several people standing around inside and when I asked if there was valet they said no. It would have been nice if one of the staff had just stepped outside and told us no one was coming out. After we parked the car I realized the rooms were quite close to the parking lots hence no valet.

Hotel was clean, the room was nice and the grounds were kept up well. However, it sort of felt like they had taken a motel and just given it a really good update. The shower in our room was a terrible design. A huge tub but the shower glass door only covered the tub by about a third. Lots of heat lost and a little bit of a pain to have to climb around. I'm knocking off a star just because we thought the tub/shower was so awful.

The breakfast at the restaurant was quite good.

Considering the price point I would try another hotel in the area before I stayed here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear firelight3,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Hotel Yountville. I am disappointed to hear that you had a sub-par experience. We strive to provide excellent service to all guests throughout all aspects of your stay--I will speak to our front desk staff to understand why someone from bell did not help you to your room. This is unacceptable to hear & will be reviewed with our staff.
We offer a few different bathroom configurations & it sounds like you would have been much happier in a Premium category room. If you do give us another chance, please make sure to note this for reservations.

We hope to welcome you back for another visit to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We were at Hotel Yountville for a family reunion (ages 23-55) and it couldn't have been a more perfect stay. The rooms were lovely & spacious. We were on the 2nd floor with high ceilings which made the room feel even larger. The group meals were excellent: we had breakfast for 3 days, lunch once and dinner once. The food was delicious & the staff accommodated our every need. Throughout the hotel everyone was friendly & helpful. Location was great and we could walk to all of the dinners that we had planned. There is no gym but we were fine with walking and also did a bike tour which was great even in the rain. The bar/lobby was a great meeting spot for pre or post dinner drinks. It was raining so we didn't use the pool but it's a beautiful area and would be great when the weather is nice. Hotel Yountville is a lovely property and was great for a reunion but would be fantastic for a couples wine tasting get away as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: 2nd floor rooms have vaulted ceilings which make the room feel much larger. And a balcony which is nice.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Janet G,
Just a quick note to say Thank You for your 5 star review! We absolutely love hearing that you had a wonderful family reunion. So happy that you were able to enjoy the complimentary bikes even in the rain!
We are currently building a gym on property so that should be ready for your next visit.
Hopefully we see you again soon for your next visit to the Napa Valley!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I booked this hotel for our company retreat (we're small so only needed 4 rooms). I had a gorgeous room (room 202) - large room with two queens, high beamed ceilings, fireplace, patio, and large bathroom. Room was really beautiful, with modern, warm decor. I like that there is an entry way/hallway that leads to door/bathroom, separating the room. The bathrooms are large with separate toilet room and double vanity. (Rooms are diff. Not all have double vanity or high ceilings so you'll need to ask). What we didn't like: instead of a stand alone shower (like some other rooms), ours had a shower/tub combo but the entire half end of shower/tub is open air, so unless you're standing directly under the water at all times, you're cold. I've stayed in one of their other rooms that had a stand alone rain shower which was wonderful, but then that room was not as pretty as this one. I guess you'd just have to decide what you want more - bigger, prettier room or stand alone warm shower. We noticed on the first night that our fireplace was not working so called for a maintenance man. He lit pilot light and got it working fine but then we also noticed that we had some insects falling from the ceiling. They looked like termites to me - ants w/wings - but I'm not sure what they were. The maintenance guy didn't either. He cleaned up the ones that were there and said he'd come back the next day to check it out. The insects continued to fall periodically, directly over our beds, from the beams. There were only a few on night 1. We were out most every day, all day so only noticed them at morning and night. Night 2 they were still there but we got back to room too late and didn't want to call and wait for someone else to clean them up, we just wanted to go to bed. I was surprised that the hotel did not check with us to see if we'd seen anymore. Day 3 we came back late afternoon to find many more scattered over our beds and a line of regular ants going up one wall. We called front desk and they sent a maintenance guy over to clean them up. He was baffled about the ones from the beam and only said it was probably the rainy weather. We expressed that it really was a nuisance, especially since they were falling where we slept but he really didn't offer any solutions. He said he would come back with the maids at turn out service to check on the situation. This is the last we heard. We came back that night to find about 10 scattered over our beds and brushed them off. We were getting back to hotel very late each night so really did not want to have to change rooms - though they never offered either. Nor did we hear from anybody on the 4th day (last day). At this point, I didn't see the point in demanding a new room, repacking all our stuff, etc. I was actually very surprised that they didn't continue checking back about the bugs, given that service in general was very good. They certainly dropped the ball. Even at check out I mentioned it again and was met with a bizarre nonchalance, like I should not be bothered by bugs falling on me while I slept. The guy at the front desk just kind of shrugged, saying he was sorry but the weather really brings out the bugs! Really? I find it hard to believe that most guests would not be annoyed and a lot less aggravated than us. We were offered nothing. No credit for any of our stay, no "have breakfast on us", no actual apology, nothing.
On another note. My friend and I also enjoyed a massage at the spa. Even though the spa is tiny with not a lot of "facilities" - no sauna, no steam room - it was really beautiful and tranquil. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. It's decor is beautiful - white marble/tiles in bathroom/locker room and a very comfortable lounge area that also opens on the pool area. The robes are especially nice. My massage was wonderful. I got the add on scalp treatment - which I assumed would be a scalp massage but it isn't, so don't be fooled. It's basically a hair treatment - hot oils poured onto your hair. I kept waiting for the massage part but that never came. We ended our spa day lounging out by pool in our robes and were met with immediate service from the restaurant - so attentive and quick to refill our glasses.
All in all it is really beautiful hotel. I've not stayed at any other Yountville hotels but have toured/seen rooms at Villagio and North Block. Villagio is more old world style and not near as nice as Hotel Yountville. North Block is very nice with large, beautiful bathrooms but rooms are TINY compared to Hotel Yountville.
All the other people in our group stayed in a Deluxe King room and loved their stay, had no bugs but didn't have a room as nice as mine with the high ceilings/beams. They also didn't like the shower/tub combo and some of them only had a single vanity in the bathroom.
Also, we needed conference/meeting space for a very small group and they could not accommodate - they could only accommodate large groups. They originally suggested I reserve one of their King suites and they would bring in a meeting table. But they were going to charge me 3 nights at nearly $600/night plus catering. I found it too awkward - having a meeting in a bedroom with my coworkers just seemed weird so I booked a lovely conference room at Silver Trident Winery - outstanding and a short walk from hotel.
I would actually stay here again but I would not tolerate any bugs like I did this visit. I'm still really surprised that the hotel didn't take it very seriously. That too me is unacceptable when you're running this quality of a hotel.

Room tip: Layouts are different so ask before booking about things like patios, high ceilings, stand-alone showers, larger vanities.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Hawkmoon209,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Yountville. I am very disappointed to hear about the ant issue in your room. I was notified of this occurrence during your stay but was unaware that it was not taken care of properly. We do everything we can to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and clearly failed during your stay. I apologize that this issue was not taken care of and continued to be a nuisance during your visit.
We appreciate all of your feedback and I will review this case specifically with our staff to ensure that this type of problem doesn't happen again.

We do hope that you give us another chance for your next visit to Yountville.