“Very Commerical”
Review of Domaine Chandon

Domaine Chandon
Ranked #6 of 45 things to do in Yountville
More attraction details
Owner description: You must be of legal drinking age to engage with us. Please enjoy responsibly. Domaine Chandon was the first winery to be established in the United States by a French wine and spirits producer, Moet Hennessy. Today, Chandon is America's leading sparkling wine producer, applying methode traditionnelle techniques to showcase the ripe fruit and vibrant character of California. We host educational and fun tours of our winery and offer light food options in our tasting room or on our extensive terrace.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

After visiting a few smaller vineyards in Napa, my friends and I were a bit unprepared for the massive operation that is Domaine Chandon. I would liken the grounds and bar to the Disneyworld of Napa! The bar feels a bit like a club, and there are sanctioned off areas for members, but overall the scenery and the sparkling wine were enjoyable!

All reviews
in 81 reviews
"glass"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Glad I went here. Kind of interesting because there are so many other snootier places to visit in Napa. Thought that since I went to the Moet Chandon vineyard in France, it would be good to go to this place as a compliment. And, as a wine that I buy as much as any other American wine, it seemed right. The servers were great, the smiles were wide, and the property was pretty.....but I think that is probably the same in any place in Napa. Would recommend.

1  Thank rgstrip
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful drive up from the road and a lovely building. Very much emulated French champagne houses. Very helpful staff. We tried the standard four sparkling wines and were impressed. The brut classic was as good as anything we would regularly drink back home. The Sweet star is very much prosecco like and not to our personal taste. We would thoroughly recommend a visit if you like sparkling wine.

1  Thank Longdistancecyclist
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is a beautiful spot for a snack and a tasting. We especially enjoyed the sparkling wines. On a nice day, the patio can't be beat.