“Simple Elegance”

Ranked #3 of 4 Yountville B&B and Inns
Newport Beach, CA
“Simple Elegance”
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Excellent value for your offseason dollar!

There is not a better location to be...The best shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

I stayed in room #5. It was perfect for my needs. Excellent square footage, well appointed bathroom and warm fireplace to take off the morning chill...Would love to come back with my wife.

The only reason I gave four stars instead of five for "Service" was that I didn't really have any interaction with the staff. Maria the housekeeper was very nice and patiently waited for me to finish showering and packing after my morning bike ride.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank undercoverhippie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I have stayed at Petit Logis several times. The quiet sophistication of the inn allows its guests to "live" in Yountville for a few days and sink into the sophisticated simplicity of Napa Valley. Each room (I have stayed in several) is decorated with a light touch--a combination of whimsy and elegance. It is easy to get an authentic feel for the this charming town because there is no fussiness to get in the way--I walk out the door, and walk to a handful of restaurants or galleries or shops. The owners are helpful when you need them--and they appreciate and respect privacy. (The owner, having been born and raised in Napa Valley, is quite knowledgeable about wine and wineries.) I am an early riser--it is wonderful to get up early, walk for 2 minutes to Bouchon and return with my coffee to the flower enclosed patio of my room. Petit Logis is a jewel of an inn--charming, quiet, and exquisitely private.
Jamie T., Pittsburgh, PA

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at Petit Logis! A great place to enjoy the food and wine from in the valley, the gas fireplace was great and the rooms were really quite large. it is literally next door to the Bouchon Bakery and Bouchon restaurant, both of which we loved, such good food. Other people have mentioned the owners not being around, but we had no issue with that. Yountville feels like the real wine country, with places to taste from in town and and easy drive up the valley to some of the larger wineries. The spa tub was great and beds were fine. Would definitely stay there again next time, once we have saved up a small fortune to go and eat at the French Laundry!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Oroville,CA
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I wanted to surprise my family by taking them to a Christmas show in Yountville. I had never been to Yountville and didn't really know what was available in the way of lodging.

I read the B&B reviews on Trip Advisor and found that most of the people who wrote about the Petit Logis really liked it. The price seemed reasonable for the area, so I went ahead and booked two rooms.

We checked in late, (after 5:00 pm), and found a welcoming note and room keys taped to the office door. This worked well for us because we don't like, or need, alot of "fuss". There was plenty of information in the rooms with phone numbers to call if we had any questions. There was also a wonderfully written greeting in the room that made us feel right at home.

The rooms are very large and clean, and had everything we wanted and/or needed. The large jacuzzi tub was a real treat (and plenty big enough for two !) and we really enjoyed the gas fireplaces. My mother was SO happy...she couldn't believe how lovely the rooms were. The beds were just a bit too hard for my taste...but not so bad that they interferred with my enjoyment of the room at all. There were nice little patios off each room but it was too cold outside to use them.

We did not pay for the breakfast part of the B&B, but instead went to the Lakeside Grill at the Vintner's Golf Club in Yountville for an early lunch (it was fantastic and the staff was wonderful). In the evening, we had dinner at an authentic French restaurant called Bistro Jeanty which is also in Yountville. The food was fantastic (I recommend the coq au vin) and the service was impeccable.

We saw the construction site that other readers have mentioned, but we were lucky because there was no work being done during our visit. We had no problem sleeping because the area was so nice and quiet.

Our short visit to Yountville was wonderful. The John Berry concert (at the Lincoln Theater) was fantastic. He sings 'Holy Night' so beautifully...if you get a chance...check him out on utube.
The best part of our stay however, was the beautiful and comfortable rooms at Petit Logis. We certainly hope we can go back for a longer stay in the near future.

• Liked — The huge bathroom with the jacuzzi tub and the gas fireplace
  • Disliked — Bed was a little too hard
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
PetitLogis, Office manager at Petit Logis Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2009
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have new comfy mattresses. Hope you enjoy!
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We stayed at this inn during the Thanksgiving 2008 holiday. The room was comfortable. It had a beautiful spacious bathroom with a 2 person jacuzzi and separate shower. There was a gas fireplace and a TV in a cabinet over the fireplace. This may be billed as a B&B but it is definitely not a B&B. The breakfast provided is actually the restaurant across the street. You have only a few choices, not the full menu. We opted for just the bed and ate at the same restaurant anyway for breakfast. A note for us was taped on the door to the office and we never saw any human in relation to the inn whatsoever. The rooms are setup motel style, in that you access the room directly from outside. The inn is very well located right in the heart of Yountville within easy walking distance to all of the great restaurants in the town (it's a small town!).

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — impersonal
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple