“Love it”

Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Great Indian/Himalayan restaurant. We both ordered the chicken tikka masala which came with rice (usually pay separately in Indian restaurants for rice - awesome), an order of vegetable samosas and some garlic naan. I've eaten at probably 60+ Indian restaurants around the world and this one is on par with the better ones. In terms of value for money, this place is also very good. Around $15 for an entry. Well worth it. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Himalayan Kabob and Curry House

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Having been here for lunch previously with a group from work, and thoroughly enjoying the Grilled Salmon & Avocado Salad, I took my husband here for dinner, just to try something new.

We started with appetizers, both fried calamari rings and breaded mushroom pieces. The calamari was okay, but I have had crisper elsewhere, which is how I like them. The mushrooms were excellent.

My husband loves curries, so ordered the Shrimp Tikka Masala, medium spicy. It was a bit too spicy on his first bite, but he mellowed into it and loved it! I ordered the Mixed Tandoori, which was lamb, salmon & boneless chicken lightly marinated & grilled in a Tadoori oven. I thought the chicken a bit too dry for my personal taste, but the salmon was perfection, as was the lamb, and I am not a big lamb fan. Both dishes were served with a side of rice, white or brown, and we ordered a side of Garlic Cheese Naan. I asked for a side of Raita, the yogurt/cucumber dipping sauce, for my dry chicken, and, though I see it is on the menu at $2.99, I was not charged for this sauce. With the sauce, my chicken became more than palatable.

As we also had a glass of Murphy Goode Sauvignon Blanc, and a microbrew beer, I was surprised that our dinner came in at less than $70. Our hostess, waiter and other servers were attentive and personable, offering suggestions when we were unsure of certain items, even though the restaurant was quite busy with a large birthday table and various other clients.

One other thing I would like to mention: my young adult son has always been a picky eater, and doesn't often try anything new. He ate every bit of my leftovers, and asked when I would go again!

I would highly recommend this restaurant in the Town Green area of Windsor as great date night restaurant, or a place to take out of town guests for something different. Next time, I think I'm trying the kabobs!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I placed a to go order, but the staff was friendly over the phone and provided good suggestions on what to order for my group. When I arrived at the restaurant I was greeted by wonderful smells from all the spices they use in the kitchen. The food was ready on time and tasted fantastic. It was on the expensive side compared to the portion size; but all of it was tasty. The only knockdown is for the prices/portion sizes. Eat with confidence though.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

First visit due to reviews. Not a fan of most of the restaurants in Windsor. Loved this place. Had couple of dishes all were phenomenal. If in Windsor eat here!

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Attentive staff. Good Indian food. I had the curried goat. It may have been the end of the day, because it was a little chewy. The naan was phenomenal. I would return to try other dishes.