“WASTE OF MONEY”
Review of Motel 6 Williams

Motel 6 Williams
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at in my life.When I went to get ice it smelled like cat pee,then my room was no very clean at all and the sink was all clogged up.The staff and the maids were very rude and when I asked the maids to clean my room they got mad.It definitely was a waste of my money and I don't recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This is a stand Motel 6 built to the old corporate stands of yester-year. It has the stand up shower, etc. The room has been refurbished to the "new rooms" standard with the laminate floors. I've never really warmed up to the "new rooms" style since the spartan room looks even more industrial with the laminate floors. But the motel room was clean.

The bed was a standard Motel 6 bed which means it was not great but it was not as lumpy as Motel 6 beds of a decade ago either.

My only problem was with the grungy toilet. The bowl had plenty of stains and the seat was not anchored to the toilet unit properly so it was angled off to the side. They need to put in a new toilet assembly or extensively rework what was in my room.

Even though I got a room facing away from Interstate 5, there is some road noise. I wore ear plugs which cut that down immensely.

Room Tip: Room Away from I-5
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this Motel 6, to anyone needing a place to stay for the night!
Prices are great!
I have stayed here several times and each time, I am impressed with the cleanliness of the Motel and the grounds!
They are pet frienly (no charge for your pet) quiet and the staff is very friendly!
Will not stay anywhere else in Williams.
If you stay in Williams, I highly recommend stopping by GRANDZELLAS RESTAURANT....great food, locally made canned products and homemade sourdough breads made fresh daily!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Traveling with our small dog, we asked for and received a pet friendly room. It was awful. It stunk like a kennel, the floors were filthy etc. When I turned on the fan, it blew out more stench. We slept with the window open just to get fresh air. If it wasn't so late, we would not have stayed here.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here a lot of times through the years, mainly when we're going to Alameda to do the Alameda Point Antiques Fair. It's a stretch from home (mile wise) but makes the next day's drive easy enough to get us into San Francisco fairly early.

The first time (or times?) it was pretty basic... Somewhat yucky. Not particularly dirty, but not particularly clean and worn. Once we had a cockroach and didn't stay there for a while. Then they remodeled with Motel 6's European look with bare floors (Originally when Motel 6 was $6, they had linoleum floors and no TV or phone.), basin sinks, streamlined bedding, flat screen wall mounted TVs. It was pretty nice for a while, but now it's beginning to fade a bit. Still much better than in the beginning. It actually looked like the bedspread had been washed which is a real plus. There were only two pillows and they were pretty limp. The bed was softish and the water pressure in the shower was weak at best. The temperature rapidly fluctuated from cold to hot to cold, etc. At this price and considering the location, we'll probably stay here again. I wish there was another choice.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business