“Taco Tuesday!”
Review of La Casita Olvera

La Casita Olvera
Ranked #15 of 284 Restaurants in Whittier
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Wow what a find. $1.50 street tacos, 6 types, crazy condiment bar, tortillas made in front of you. Where have you been all my life? Downside? Have to wait 6 days for Taco Tuesday to come again....

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I tried out this restaurant as a result of a recommendation from a coworker. Apparently my coworker either really doesn't know what good Mexican food tastes like or just doesn't have a discerning palate. The food was awful!! The restaurant was dirty and dingy. I felt like I needed to take a shower after I ate there. A friend accompanied me on this trip and she had the same experience as I did. I would much rather eat at " Cilantro's" just down the street.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Tremendous enchiladas (best anywhere). The guacamole dip is freshly made at tableside and is out of this world.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I was told that the taco Tuesday here was good, and I was extremely impressed once I had them. It is very popular, so get there early. Superb tacos! Our whole party thought they were delicious.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I have been to La Casita every tuesday of my one month vacation in Whittier, and it is delicious!!! I recommend coming around 5 if you want to avoid a 30 min or so wait. My favorite waiter was a guy named Israel. He was hilarious and gregarious and an all around great server, upselling us in all the right ways. On Taco Tuesday you tell your server how many tacos you would like, then they give you a receipt that you take to a table where they are making fresh tortillas and then a woman fills your tacos. Next you fill your tacos with delicious toppings and there are many options to choose!! I always try other meats, but the Al Pastor is out of this world!! Its super savory, with a ton of good flavor. mmmm, just thinking about it makes me wish it was tuesday. Margaritas are decently priced and come pretty fast $7, Domestic beer is randomly expensive, Budweiser for $5. You should just stick with the margarita(s)!! At the end of your meal, they give everyone a shot of "holy water" which is not my favorite but I love the idea. It tastes like funky watered down tequila. Its a super cute family run restaurant and I would take anyone here that is visiting or wants a nice, not too expensive meal in a local haunt. <3 Thank you La Casita <3