“Different Mexican Food”

Bizarra Capital
Ranked #6 of 298 Restaurants in Whittier
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 June 2017

If you like to try new dishes, this is the restaurant to visit. They serve Mexican food but don't go in there expecting to find the typical combination plates.
The food pays tribute to several parts of Mexico. You will find mole negro. Quesadillas de huitlacoche (a delicacy, made from truffle grown on corn). Creamy soups made from various vegetables.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
Don't forget to ask for the fruit waters of the day, refreshing and delicious.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Everything we've had here has been great! It's a simple atmosphere with great food & fabulous cocktails.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

My wife and I found this place a few years ago after reading a few reviews. We decided to check it out and WOW, were we surprised. We happened to come in one night when the owner was at the helm, and he was trying out new dishes. Chef Ricardo Diaz greeted us and asked us to try two duck tacos that we was considering putting on the menu. They were GREAT...and I don't like duck. Needless to say, I tried the Mole Chicken and was delighted, we've been hooked ever since. My wife usually tries the seafood fare and the guacamole is absolutely the best. Don't forget to try their homemade sangria when they happen to whip up a batch. You can't go wrong. Weekends are usually busy, try them at the beginning of the week if your in a hurry. Cheers!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My family and I came here for dinner for birthday celebrations for my daughter & grandson. A 1/2 hour wait to sit (reservations for 7 pm), but once we ordered are food was forthcoming and very good! Love the small plate menu and the drinks are excellent.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I highly recommend. A small plate menu light on the traditional "heavy" Mexican dishes. Many fish choices, all with a light touch. A full bar