“The Beignet”

Add it.
Lily's Bakery
Ranked #8 of 9 Bakeries in Westminster
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Seized by the pull of gastronomy, my friend and I sojourned to Lily's Bakery for some beignets and Vietnamese coffee.

As I take a deep breath, I ask the lovely cashier the ingredients contained in the Vietnamese elixir. She replies, "coffee and sweetened condensed milk."

My immediate reaction, is there is NO way in heck I am drinking that....but my friend is convinced that we will be ordering a cup of iced Vietnamese coffee regardless of my strong pull against this hefty decision. Drinking calories a HUGE no-no for me. It is a capital crime, as far as this Asian is concerned.

Now, I could have gone into an anaphylactic shock because even conceptualizing the idea of drinking my calories causes severe bronchoconstriction. I wanted to throw a tantrum of sorts because I do not recognize drinking condensed milk as a rational decision.

But, my friend is a dear friend and how could I possibly respond irresponsibly? So, I concede. However, we agreed upon sharing one destructively-explosive calorie bomb.

And, we order 6 beignets for $2.00.

The Vietnamese coffee for $3.00, was capital A, amazing. The elixir is perfectly creamy and rich. I believe it was flavored with hazelnuts as well. It was a tad too sweet for me, but delicious nonetheless.

The beignets had a fluffy interior encased by a crispy exterior. They were airy and magically delicious.

The price I will have to pay at the gym for these trangressions is too much, and causes even more emotional and mental pressure that I am able to withstand. In fact, I am experiencing a physiological reaction as I type. I am such a drama queen. It's great for effect and emphasis.

1  Thank Dachonger