Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
US$131
Hotels.comUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
CheapTicketsUS$143
All reviews hi express the staff was great comfortable bed within walking distance pillows freeway mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

After a camping trip in the Mojave Desert I was driving home through the valley and realized I needed to stop for the day. The idea of a hot shower and a comfortable bed was quite appealing after camping and hiking for several days. I was happy to find this HI Express right off one of those exits with fast food and gas stations right next to the freeway. I was expecting to have freeway noise all night but my room was quiet. Everything you expect from an HI Express and it was by far the best lodging option at that exit. The place seemed as COVID safe as you can expect. The staff was great. Everything was clean. There are nothing but fast food options near — it is what it is.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2020

Despite numerous complaints, several room changes, loss of food and clothing due to broken equipment and unsanitary conditions all with a total lack of time and energy to deal with this mess due to the stressful demands of my temporary work assignment supporting several under-served communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, my visit consisted of the following:
• Broken toilet handle,
• Toilets that clogged constantly (in every room I was in),
• Ants!,
• 3 broken leaky refrigerators,
• Broken TV,
• Ironing board pads worn so thin that my work clothes had grill marks on them.
• Useless in-room safes. 5 rooms had inaccessible permanently locked safes.
• SEWER stink coming from under the sink. Reported. Nothing done about it.
• Black mold in the toilet. Yep. "Hello, is this the health department?"
Exasperated, I set aside time I didn't have, to finally quit this place and go somewhere else. Unbelievably, at 5:45 a.m. on the morning of my checkout, I had to be subjected to a creepy night shift guy who seemed to feel entitled to suggest that I'd have to "ask a little more" before he'd grant me a late check.
How is this conduct and level of disrepair in your hotel acceptable to you, IHG? Surely I'm not the first guest to discover these problems. Maybe this hotel cannot accommodate long-stay guests or maybe you just don’t care. Is this a Holiday Inn Express or a dime motel?
I wish Tripadvisor allowed more words.I'd share all 6500 words of my actual complaint but this will have to do.

Date of stay: February 2020
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Westley North- Patterson Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2020

Hello kyrajean321,

I'm terribly sorry to see the many issues you've found with the cleanliness, maintenance, and housekeeping during your stay. Definitely not the level of service we usually provide to our guests. This must be investigated and measures must be taken. We will also provide additional training to certain staff members to ensure a much better experience in future stays.

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about everything, this will allow us to make all the necessary adjustments to improve our hotel.

Take care!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 August 2019

We stopped here on a road trip and so glad we did. This Inn was renovated which was an understatement. It appears it was gutted and rebuilt on the interior. So nice and modern. Battery charging everywhere in room and in lobby /kitchen area. Showers were large with sliding glass hanging doors. Choice of pillows...firm or soft in the rooms. Keurig coffee makers in the room. New under counter bathroom sinks with new fixtures. Breakfast included in the morning and an unbelievable choice. Omelettes, pancakes, cinnabons, everything you would want. I liked this Holiday Inn more than some Ritz Carlton's I have stayed at. Plus the staff was great as well as the pricing. Was not expecting to find such an excellent place in this travel area of California.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2019

The hotel was clean and the staff was present. That is all you can expect from Westley, CA which is a truck stop on the interstate. I was one of a handful of cars in a parking lot full of 18 wheelers and service vehicles passing through this town. No restaurants, a little fast food, plenty of gas stations and truck repair facilities. I would drive on past Westley if I had to do it again but the HI Express is probably your best option here.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank tmarcone
Reviewed 29 July 2019

Recently new motel. Room was nicely furnished. Water pressure was poor. Ac noise was the loudest I’ve ever experienced in a motel. Evening check-in went smooth but morning desk clerk seemed very inexperienced. Not very helpful. The area was just a big truck stop.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Westley North- Patterson Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Hi J3572JDgeorgew,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Westley visit.

At Holiday Inn Express, we aim to provide a fresh, practical and efficient travel for all our guests. It concerns me that we fell short with your recent stay. I'm sorry that you find the water pressure was inadequate and that the sound from the airconditioning was too loud to your liking. I can imagine how that affected your night's sleep. Although I'm glad you were helped by our friendly check-in staff, I can see that the morning staff made you feel uneasy. No worries, I have alerted our management about this so we can do proper retraining.

Still, I'm glad you were able to enjoy our nicely furnished bedrooms.

See you again soon,